New guy here with a few gals for projects. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 18:05   #1 (permalink)

New guy here with a few gals for projects.

Hey everyone. I just picked up a 63 (390) sedan for parts for my 63.5 but have realized it's not in bad shape and I want to fix it up now. I have 2 1963 sedans and a 63.5 fastback but I'm looking for a daily cruiser that I'm going to try my hands at air ride and a simple 351 AOD setup for trips.

Here she is......

My other 2 cars are in a different state since the Air Force sees fit to move me around. I'll retire back up there in ND but this car is going to get the attention now.

I have these right now. The PSD is my daily driver and the stang is almost sold. It's too much and I want to build something the whole family can enjoy. Trips to the local Dairy Queen as a family are things to not miss.

I'm planning on a Fatman front frame stub kit with a 4 link rear and some bags on it. The wife likes the look of these red with chrome and we both love the look of 18" Torq Thrusts so that's the plan. I might talk her out of the red since it's all I see of these now. I'm working a Lightning 351 roller motor now that will probably be stroked out to an EFI 393 or so and put a slightly beefed up AOD behind it. It'll have AC, cruise, XM radio and a DVD player for the kids. I'm not looking for "showroom" quality but will get it close.
Once the stang is sold, I'm hitting this car hard.

My whole problem is, I've had troubles finding 4 door interior parts so it'll be a tough journey I'm sure.

I look forward to talking with you all and helping with what I can.

Dave
Dreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 20:16   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: New guy here with a few gals for projects.

Looks like a good find. Glad you found it. Keep us posted on your progress.

I also was in the Air Force from 61-68. Viet Vet.

I want to thank you for your service. Great to have you here.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:47   #3 (permalink)

No. Thank you Sir, for the time you served. You no doubt went through alot more than I have in my 15 years.

I am hoping to sell the stang in this next month so I can get started on the car. I've looked at TCI, Art Morrison and others for a front clip but it seems that Fatman has the entire package for a decent price.

I also have another 63 sedan in my farm field as well as the 63.5 but this one really has my eye. I wish it was a postless car but no problem. It's a 4 door so I have to deal with it.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:39   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Postless would be better but this one does look good. Don't find them around much either.
Old 08-15-2009, 14:27   #5 (permalink)

I want to get some Wheels for the car now so I know where I need to trim when I start setting it up for the bags. If I'm going with a 17 or 18 inch wheel at 8 inches wide, what backspacing or offset would I need to clear everything? I want the wheels to be out as flush with the sides as possible. I see alot of people with them but no specs on them? I want to run a 275/40/17 on the back and a 245/45/17 on front or maybe a 245/40/17, not sure yet.

Thanks
Dave
Old 08-15-2009, 14:46   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'm not familiar with Modifications. You might get an answer at one of our forum sponsors. Discount tire. They even have a special giveaway right now that you might be able to use. Check here:
Discount Tire Giveaway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie