new here with sheetmetal questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 02:04   #1 (permalink)

new here with sheetmetal questions

Hi Im from Holland and currently restoring a 1966 ltd fastback with 390

I am in dire need of sheetmetal (floorpans and trunkpanel). I am already a member of the galaxie club and have bought their parts locater guide. Unfortunately most businesses are mentioned with their phone nr only. As you might know calling from Europe to USA is not very economical at all.

If any of you guys know the right place for these panels please advise?

Does the 66 galaxie have the same floor pan as any of the other full size models like the fairlane? Maybe I can use these. Maybe the floor is the same for other models galaxie build in other years?

I have already tried most of the bigger online companies like dearborn but they dont carry them.

I would really appreciate any help

oh yeah and I tried a lot of junkyards and they charge about USD 250 per piece ex shipping
U-Construction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2006, 22:52   #2 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Re: new here with sheetmetal questions

Did you try Greg Donahue collector car restorations, he is mainly 63-64 galaxies, but he has very good knowledge of locating parts. his website is
Greg Donahue Collector Car Restorations Another site Surplus Supply 936-760-2344 they specialize in sheet metal and floor pands for old cars. some more sites, www.classicautoparts.com , Ford Auto Parts, Old Truck, Model A, Model T, Thunderbird, V8, Mercury, Edsel, Ford Street Rod - MAC's Antique Auto Parts , wwwcgfordparts.com , Mike Dennis Ford Parts: Inventory Categories , That should keep you busy for a while.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 22:55   #3 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

Did you try Greg Donahue collector car restorations, he is mainly 63-64 galaxies, but he has very good knowledge of locating parts. his website is
Greg Donahue Collector Car Restorations Another site Surplus Supply 936-760-2344 they specialize in sheet metal and floor pans for old cars. some more sites, www.classicautoparts.com , Ford Auto Parts, Old Truck, Model A, Model T, Thunderbird, V8, Mercury, Edsel, Ford Street Rod - MAC's Antique Auto Parts , wwwcgfordparts.com , Mike Dennis Ford Parts: Inventory Categories , That should keep you busy for a while. You should be able to click onto anyone of these sites.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:58   #4 (permalink)

Try Dearborn Classics. Order their catalog, it seems to have a lot more parts than their online locator.

Ford Ranchero, Ford Falcon, Ford Fairlane, Ford Torino, Mercury Comet, and Mercury Montego Parts Online

They do sell floorpans, although I'm not sure which which models and years.
Good luck!
Book 'em Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie