New Member - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 17:53   #1 (permalink)

biggrin New Member

Hi I Just Found This Awesome Site, I Have A 1963 1/2 Z Code Fastback
That I Bought From Kansas 80,000 Miles ,4 Speed ,factory Air ,3.55 Gears, Rangoon Red , Just Wanted To Say Hi To Everyone And Looking Forward To Hearing From Everyone Take Care
johnayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 18:38   #2 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Re: New Member

Welcome-
I like the format of this site over any others Ive seen...only drawback for U.S. is the site is mostly Australian, but actually to me it makes it more interesting- lot of the same old iron with different names- and I wont point fingers but somebody's got their steering wheels on the wrong side : )

If you are not a member of the Ford Galaxie Club of America, I'd kinda suggest thinking about it- lot of info, catalogs, sources, etc for old parts...
heres a link to their 'mail list' (format I really hate, but it does get a lot of galaxie traffic)

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...club/messages/

They had a Forum kinda like this (ezboard or something like that) but it got sunk by a couple naysayers before it had a chance to take off...it is on a poor system anyway compared to this- now with popups(adware I think)...I wasted a lot of time there.

whoever put this site together really did a super job- each user can store pics here in their gallery, or link them from elsewhere, so on, etc...I look around in here a lot, just because I like the site-and its really neat to see whats going on on the far side of the world- some neat stuff. Dont know why Ford dont sell those little 'Ute' pickups over here : )
Old 01-14-2005, 14:27   #3 (permalink)
wasnt me

i would kill for a left hand drive ute pursuit, 400hp 6 speed in a pickup that handles like a sports car? hell yeah thats for me.
Old 01-14-2005, 16:34   #4 (permalink)

Yeah steering wheel on the wrong side perhaps.
But in australia, we turn all the good stuff the US has to offer, into something the US people only dream about.
1966 Blue Ford Galaxie - 4Dr Sedan, Pwr Steering, 302 Windsor, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, 650 Holley Race Custom , Crow Cam 15666, Rollmaster Camgear, Heads Ported, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Billet Dizzy, Crane Energizer Roller Rockers, C4 - Stage 2 Shift Kit, HiStall 2500rpm, B&M Z-Gate Shifter, XY GT Radiator, 2.92 9" Diff, Dual Thermofans, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, RCI 16gal Fuel Cell.
AusCaRnAgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 18:40   #5 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusCaRnAgEr
Yeah steering wheel on the wrong side perhaps.
Auscar- I didnt say ours werent the ones on the wrong side :)

also, did you check your PM's- sent you one about power window motors for the 66- still havent looked for interior switch arrangement pics...
Old 01-14-2005, 18:47   #6 (permalink)

Yeah ive never driven in the US so i suppose i cant judge.
Also what has Ford got to match the likes of the LS7 and so forth, i hear ford has nothing? I think an aussie team should be employed to design something to rival it, seeing us Aussies design everything else good, haha.

With the pwr windows i need to open up the doors to see if theyll fit and so forth. Ill reply to your PM later.
1966 Blue Ford Galaxie - 4Dr Sedan, Pwr Steering, 302 Windsor, Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold, 650 Holley Race Custom , Crow Cam 15666, Rollmaster Camgear, Heads Ported, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Billet Dizzy, Crane Energizer Roller Rockers, C4 - Stage 2 Shift Kit, HiStall 2500rpm, B&M Z-Gate Shifter, XY GT Radiator, 2.92 9" Diff, Dual Thermofans, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, RCI 16gal Fuel Cell.
AusCaRnAgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 21:02   #7 (permalink)

Howdy, John
I'm in East,Tennessee..Nice to see ya! That 63 1/2 sounds way cool..I had a 64..I'll have my 65 by spring.
at www.dearbornclassics.com they will send you a full color 242pg catalog,FREE! A little something for you to look at and Drool over...Have a good Week dude.....Milner
Milner62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 19:04   #8 (permalink)
63-1/2 Galaxie

HI, this is a very good website, nice to see some more Galaxie owners on here. They are great old cars now. Had one brand new in 63. I have owned the one I have now for just over 17 years. Needed a lot of work when I bought it, but body was all done, so did a gradual rebuild and restoration as I drove it. That way it wasn't tied up for years getting done. They are great cruisers. Mine has 390 with 4bbl (also a Z code) auto trans, pw and ps with a few extra options. Original motor was a 352 (X code) but somewhere along the line someone put in a 390. Anyway, keep those ball joints greased on these cars. I've seen those late fifties early sixties fords on the side of the road with a popped lower ball joint.
Butchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie