tranny swap - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Galaxie Galaxie discussion area

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 04:41   #1 (permalink)

tranny swap

Has anybody here ever swapped the Cruise-O-Matic for a C6? I'm looking specifically for info regarding the linkage; my Galaxie ('63 XL w/390) is console/floor shift and, of course, my c6 is column shift. I'm very aware of other modifications in driveshaft, starter, flexplate, yada . . . ; it's information on the linkage that has me worried. I've seen the info on the Galaxie club website, but does anyone have experience with this issue?

Thank you

AndieMacfan
AndieMacfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2006, 12:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: tranny swap

I have a C-6 from a 78 F100 in my 64 Galaxie, I use a B&M cable shifter, I have no console. Also tht trans mount is differant. I used a crossmember from a 67 Galaxie in a 64 once before, but with the one I have now I could not find one so I turned the 64 crossmember around and cut off the e-brake rod, I did not work. It bolted to the back hole only. Been running her this way now for 9 years.
bertha66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35   #3 (permalink)

Re: tranny swap

I've got a C6 and a 460 in my 64 gal. I simply used the swap kit that crites restoration sells. It includes the mounts and some steel plates with holes drilled in them to relocate your cross-member back about 6". All you need is the plates which if your handy could make yourself. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern on the FE (390?) to the C6 but if that is correct everything should fit fine. My c6 was a column shifted trans also, check the galaxie club of america tech section for a little trick to make this work. It basically flips the shifter arm over to reverse the pattern. It works on my 500XL and I'm using my console still, although the shifter indicator doesn't line up perfectly with the PRNDLL2 if you catch my drift.

-Albackus36

I don't really recommend the whole one bolt on the tranny thing. Sorry man.
Albackus36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Older Fords > Classic Fords > Galaxie