AUIII XR6 Clutch/ Gearbox problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2004, 21:43   #1 (permalink)

Question AUIII XR6 Clutch/ Gearbox problems

Hi everyone,

I have a few issues with my 02 AUIII XR6 VCT ute. Its been making a few noises for ages which my dealer can never seem to rectify. I have been getting a squeal from the clutch when taking off sometimes, mostly when take off on a slight hill. Also has a clunk when it uptakes when releasing the clutch and when releasing the clutch changing gears. My dealer has told me that it is normal slack in the driveline. The ute now has 60,000km and it never had that when i bought it. Last week it gave up and got stuck in 2nd gear and now its been taken to a different dealer to get fixed. Been told that if it the clutch thats worn out i have to pay the bill. I have not flogged this ute and its had these issues for months and where never fixed.
Does anyone know if these problems are common in this model ??
micka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2004, 03:22   #2 (permalink)

Re: AUIII XR6 Clutch/ Gearbox problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by micka
Hi everyone,

I have a few issues with my 02 AUIII XR6 VCT ute. Its been making a few noises for ages which my dealer can never seem to rectify. I have been getting a squeal from the clutch when taking off sometimes, mostly when take off on a slight hill. Also has a clunk when it uptakes when releasing the clutch and when releasing the clutch changing gears. My dealer has told me that it is normal slack in the driveline. The ute now has 60,000km and it never had that when i bought it. Last week it gave up and got stuck in 2nd gear and now its been taken to a different dealer to get fixed. Been told that if it the clutch thats worn out i have to pay the bill. I have not flogged this ute and its had these issues for months and where never fixed.
Does anyone know if these problems are common in this model ??
I had the clutch squeel i recifyed it by loosening the clutch cable problem solved,as for the diff clunck ask any xr6/8 owner and you will get the same reply.........get used to it as ford have no idea or you could try different grade diff oil with some addative or the other option is to get the diff rebuilt propley
Old 09-02-2004, 22:11   #3 (permalink)
Bottle Feed Your Baby

mine done the same thing and got stuck in third. it was a broken Detent in the syncro
hope that helps a bit
Tighe custom grind camshaft, 75mm Throttle body, EGR Spacer, Head pocket work, 11.5 comp, SRP forged Flat tops, Autronic Computer, Pacemakers, twin Mandrel bent 2.5" Exhuast, custom mandrel bent 3" air intake, Tremac 3650, Lowered, 18"s Polished roll bar, intake Manifold, Shortend 4" alloy taillshaft, Leather, Momo wheel and gear nob, Autometer C2 5"shiftlight tacho, air fuel meter. 50-250hp NOS Kit, 4:11 Diff gears, 2 12" subs and sony amp,
NOS 347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 22:26   #4 (permalink)
Operation E-Series Hoon™

Yeah, mine clunks.. I'm starting to get squeeling from the gearbox. 3 months and i'm getting the box full rebuilt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
Stop putting stupid yagz quotes in your stupid signatures you stupid people!
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07   #5 (permalink)

Hi Micka,
I have a BA XR8 Ute has only 36000km on it and just the other week my clutch went as well. (not happy).
Took it to local dealer to see what had happen. the pressure plate had snapped into 4 pieces and the flywheel had 3 cracks also. The dealership and head office both said this is normal wear and tear. I don't think so. The car is still at the dealership it's been a week now and still nothing is done. Hope things work out for ya mate.

B_B
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 18:49   #6 (permalink)

Are there any problems with the auto's in the 2004 model BA's.?
baman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 23:22   #7 (permalink)

If you have any problems with your car or just think something might go wrong with it you can take it to the nrma for ininspection. If they found anything wrong with your car ford must fix the problem. If you're a member for the nrma it only cost $200.
Its worth looking in to. I am as soon the car is back on the road.

B_B
Old 09-19-2004, 04:11   #8 (permalink)

Hi B_B,

gees mate thats terrible. I towed mine back to the dealer and found out that the pressure plate had collapsed and had to have a new clutch kit put in and machined the flywheel. Stil having issues with it now. Has a really bad shudder and is sort of slipping when taking off. Been told that the new clutch has to bed in for 500km. Did the 500 and still the same. Went back and now been told it has to go for 1000km. I have done over that now and its still no better. so i have to take it back in again. The dealers havent been very good service at all. I think its looking the same no matter what one you deal with. I was told that before they pulled mine apart that it was most likely wear and tear from me, i told them what crap i wouldnt be paying to have it fixed when its been playing up with issue from the clutch since about 30000kms. Dont think i will be buying a new ford as i had planned to soon after the poor after sales service that they offer.
Has anyone else been told it has to bed in when you get a clutch replaced ? should it shudder like that ? i dont think its right

Hope things turned out ok with your situation B_B

micka
micka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:21   #9 (permalink)

think the auto was a wise choice!
baman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 00:32   #10 (permalink)

Hey micka,

Sorry to hear that mate. Can't tell you much about bedding a clutch in, as my car is still at the dealers in parts. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and not a thing is done. I've had enought with ford so i'm buying an aftermarket clutch thats gotter be better than the S**T that ford puts in our cars today. But still have to get the flywheel from ford. (bugger)

If your not happy with that dealer Micka you can take your car to any ford dealership.
Be strong and don't let them walk over you.

All the best with everything hope it works out for ya micka.

B_B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum