Ford Forums banner

BA Phantom XR Ute Story

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  V8RUMBLE 
#1 ·
hey guys, managed to take some film of the BA XR Ute on sunday that we saw on the cruise, but cant get it onto the pc... dang... so ill just tell the story

I dont know how much of this will be edited by the admins, but here's my little story anyway

Okay so wer're heading along the hwy from gelong, and out of the corner of my eye i spot a purple ute going along the other side...

brakes on (its wet, abs kicks in), pull a u-turn, and cause its wet wheelspin @ 5000 rpm for about 50 meters - no seriously i was in a hurry

so camera turned on I see:
dual exhaust,
very slick looking "F A L C O N" in the left hand bottom of the back. all the letters a seperate now like the euro cars, rather than a mashed together word like previously
nice Blue Oval Badge in the center top of the back of the tray
missing model signature (two nice holes in the right hand side, level with the "Falcon" badge)

moving along the side. had sports bars, nice alloys
old looking guy with glasses with old lady in the ute (presumed it was wife)
no badges on the side

moving to the front:
white bonnet with buldge - no idea why it was white - presumably a old test mule. it was more gray than white, guessing it hadnt been painted at all

at this point we're approaching a round about, so he's slowing down alot (probably the only reason ive caught up)
he's spotted us pointing a camera at the car at this point looking like - god, its more annoying kids

so were now looking directly at front:
see a white looking metal type radiator which is really visable from the front air dam. i dont know if it was an intercooler. could just be something else...

by this stage were doing about 50 thru the round about and he's passing me now.
so he gets in front(how i dont know) by the time we've gone through the round about hes about 2 car lenghts in front
i floor it. so into first gear she goes... 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 into second - 90 - 100- 110. its now so far in front i cant even make out the type of car it is, just that its purple. seriously, this thing flew. i seen M3's floor it and AMG supercharged floor it, and it carried the same kind of speed.

so at a pretty fast cruise for about 2 mins, coudlnt catch it, and gave up.

theres my story!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Matty! ! ! ! !
I bet you were yelling and screaming like i was when i saw the fairmont ghia barra that day!!
Im just wondering... how did she sound??? espesh when it took off.

ChuBBz

(p.s next cruise we'll actually try harder to stick together mate lol.. my apologies!)

#6 ·
im STILL hoping for dual exhausts™ and this story just brought a grin 2 my face... if you dont know how to put video on the net... simply play the video on ur telly and take a couple of pics .. its THAT easy, just so we can catch a glimpse of it :s6:

#10 ·
We were all so stoked when we saw the barras both times that we didn't even manage a click on the camera or a toot on the horn!!! It was amazing.

I'm glad you actually turned around to get a closer look for all of us Matty ;)

Sundeep

#11 ·
yeh i thought motor said no dual exhausts too?:hrm: this one DEFinately had them though...

i MIGHT be able to get the video converted - got a mate with a analogue - digital converter :s6:

oh yeah, im glad i went to have a second look, but then a lost the entire cruise and went home lol

#12 ·
C'mon mattyc could you please get the video or even some pics on the net so we can have a look :bigeyes: .
From your post you've got us very interested in having a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.