Ford Forums banner

BA Ute pics out Thursday

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  chevypower 
#1 ·
I just got an Email from John Mellor's automotive e-news, saying they are delaying this weeks issue so they can include pictures of the new ute. Bring it on, as big Kev would say "I'am excited"
:clap:

#2 ·
Me too only i hope Ford release more pics of XR with them. Different colours etc. Its funny how much trouble Ford are going to to hide the interiors. If XRs were just released through pics but did'nt have a media launch then to have such frosted windows means that they have some unique seats which they did'nt want seen whether it be style or colour. As for the rest of the Barras which were at a media launch but have already had their seats released there has got to be something in there they did'nt want people to see. Its obviousley a good bit of gear that will be a major feature and therefore they will release it as one of the last otherwise they would have released the interior earlier to save such hassle IMO.

#8 ·
I remember reading or hearing somewhere a common misconception about utes and traction. Most people think they are a lot lighter and therefore very easy to spin the wheels and power oversteer etc. When the main difference is most are commercial load carrying vehicles. They therefore have stiffer spring weights which results in the loose feeling when not loaded.

#9 ·
LARKO 10 said:
I remember reading or hearing somewhere a common misconception about utes and traction. Most people think they are a lot lighter and therefore very easy to spin the wheels and power oversteer etc. When the main difference is most are commercial load carrying vehicles. They therefore have stiffer spring weights which results in the loose feeling when not loaded.
Ummm.... I wouldn't say that's the case with my ute. Power oversteer and wheelspin is too easy:s6: . Althought my XC ute is only powered by a mild 351 and has 275/50/15's on the rear:s5 .
Hope the new XR utes have better traction from as much if not more power than mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.