Ford Forums banner

BA UTE spied!!!!

4K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Kenaz 
#1 ·
Saw a BA ute today it was full cammo couldnt see anything of the rear barely even saw the tail-lights (bit dangerous in my opinion) the front you could sorta see through the cammo - the lights were the same as teh ones on ordinary BA what was interesting is that i thought the roof looks heaps flatter - might be the screen with the squared edges maybee??? was definatley a V8 sounded NOICE!!!! oh also it was phantom colour!!!! unfortunatley thats all i know but at least one is on the streets this early might be launched at the same time as the sedan!
one i havent seen is a wagon??? anyone else seen one?
i wonder what changes will be made to it

#3 ·
surely there will be a tailgate change (at least a light change - they wont want to get a canning like they did with the utes beforehand (XD to XH pretty much the same sales were starting to wane))

no offence, but i hope that you are wrong it will be a bad thing to keep them the same

#5 ·
seeing as the tail lights/gate were masked on the one that V8uteman351 saw, you would emagine that there are a few changes to the back. if they aren't changeing the sheet metal then maybe they will tart up the lights and bumpers or something.

I CAN"T WAIT!!

They better not keep the utes one step behind in the power stakes as they have been recently either, that s**ts me. I want to see a full range of engines available, including the turbo's and the top of the line v8 in maybe a T series ute or a new generation of the pursuit.

#6 ·
A few things don't add up with the BA ute, one is that the roof is still the same as the AU (as seen in spy shots posted here) but now we're being told it is flat like the BA sedan.

So far from what we have seen in the spy pics the tailgate is the same as the AU but now we're being told different - maybey Ford doesn't need the real tailgate tested with out the bra, but then again who knows.

As for the power in the ute, I too hope Ford up the ante a bit by keeping it in line with the sedans.

The wagon? well so far from what I have seen the rear end is still the same.

#8 ·
It took almost 20 years for Ford to change the back of the XD ute - and considering how well the AU ute has been received, it would make no sense to change the rear.

Wheels has reported the utes will be released at the same time as the sedan.

#11 ·
Will the commodore wagon and ute have a different rear end?

Considering the fact that the EL rear wagon was basically the same as the EA, I guess Ford don't see a reason to change it. Then again the XL's rear was different to the XH.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

#12 ·
Cobra said:
Will the commodore wagon and ute have a different rear end?

Considering the fact that the EL rear wagon was basically the same as the EA, I guess Ford don't see a reason to change it. Then again the XL's rear was different to the XH.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
:dead: me is confused. What's an XL? I thought it went from XH series II to AU?

It's almost certain that both Holden and Ford will continue their traditions of keeping the same rear styling for the wagons and utes. How many tradespeople want to spend extra money just for fancy rear styling?

#14 ·
PURSUTE said:
They better not keep the utes one step behind in the power stakes as they have been recently either, that s**ts me. I want to see a full range of engines available, including the turbo's and the top of the line v8 in maybe a T series ute or a new generation of the pursuit.
I totally agree. The power of the ute should be the same as the sedan (regarding the V8's).

#22 ·
I agree that the ute should have the same power outputs as the sedans. As the ute in most cases weighs more than the sedan now (unlike the XH model), due to the heavy duty chassis rails int he rear.

I wanna see a 260kw XR8 and a Turbo XR6.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.