Ford Forums banner

ba ute traction

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  svtang 
#1 ·
whats the traction like in the ba utes?
does it hook up well in a straight line (1/4 mile)
does it tramp everywhere?

has any one tried capa's or similar anti tramp extra spring?

what about caltracs (http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html)

thanks

#2 ·
I've found very little tramp problem. It doesn't jump and squirm everywhere, just getting slightly sideways unless you yank the steering wheel. You can get great powerslides in the wet (and in the dry!!) but usually in the dry, unless you drop the clutch with more than 2 grand revs, it won't loose traction until about 4ish thousand revs. But once you hit that, you've already gotta change. Second and third gears are awesome too. Thats all for a Turbo by the way.

#4 ·
greetings all
i think the XA - XB GT"s had a similar setup that was fitted to the top of the diff housing to the rails & it was a lot less hastle than this one

regards
rod

#5 ·
chirpies changing into second gear when I floor it, but now with the herrods suspension the tail doesnt flick out as much whacking it into second on a quick take off.

#6 ·
Extra arms like this act as an extra trailing arm. You need to be careful that adding this extra element doesn't induce pinion angle change during normal suspension travel.

My BA Pursuit seems okay. Haven't had any probs so far and tramp is way less than my experiences with IRS cars.

#7 ·
running the CAPA tramp clamps on my ute ... gets the power down very nicely ...
going from 245 to 270 rwkw soon ... cheap modification that works very well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.