BA XR6 Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2003, 04:20   #1 (permalink)
.au member

BA XR6 Ute

Hey all,

I haven't as yet got a Ute but I am thinking very seriously about buying a BA XR6 mid next year, either as a runout model (hopefully series II shouldnt be too far off) or new.

So, I'm really starting to gather information about them. I've had the pleasure of test driving one, and I enjoyed it - seems like a very smooth and reliable ute with enough power for me (seeing as this thing will probably be an 18th birthday present), but I'd be very interested to hear from any XR6 Ute owners as to what you love/hate about the car, and what you'd change on it if you could (if anything).

Also, if anyone has a picture of a Citric Acid XR, with a sports bar and Altezza tail lights, could you please post it up or post the link? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2003, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
.au member

Re: BA XR6 Ute

yeh, i just read that actually, thats a bit of a downer cos i've seen one here in citric acid that has them and it looks bloody nice.

Ah well, just have to see what happens - either buy a 2nd hand one cos its cheaper then i can put them on, or wait till they bring out altezzas for the new style.
Old 12-05-2003, 20:36   #3 (permalink)

If your budget allows get all the options you want,
Even if that means waiting untill you save some more money, It will definately be worth the wait.

I wish i had got a LSD (dealer stuff up!), Premium brakes (costly i know) and Passenger airbag ( I didn't have a girlfriend when I ordered it)
Old 12-06-2003, 01:24   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodge
and Passenger airbag ( I didn't have a girlfriend when I ordered it)
Mate, make sure she's the right one before you start spending money on a passenger side air bag. lol.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 23:13   #5 (permalink)
.au member

lol, good point rod.

Premium brakes - havent had a look at them yet. Are they the brembos like the GT's, or just Ford ones? I was originally going to just put slotted + x-drilled ones on myself, but if they're any good it may be worth the extra $2k.
Old 12-07-2003, 00:13   #6 (permalink)
BluePrint Bandit

Sadowsky5, i have got 3600K's on my XR6 Ute and so far i have loved everything about it. The power is ok for me as previous rides were all diesel 4x4's lol So far heaps of other young blokes in various types of car have pulled along side me, done the "oh, its not the turbo" look and i have been able to teach most a lesson!

I chose the SSS box and i love it now that i have given it a workout, it really is good fun, and when i get tired of it.... i just slot it back in "D" and cruise.

Definately get the LSD option, its worth its weight in gold Another option i recommend is the leather seats... very comfortable and i do love mine. Basically if its a present (how good is that by the way!) get every option you can such as the 18" rims.... they look hot.

The cabin tidy is also very handy but if your like me and think that space suits subs better, then dont get it

Anyway, basically option anything you can. I havent had a problem with mine except trying to keep it clean (bloody weather... and work)

All the best mate,
Matt

Front: Boston NX87 + Alpine V12 Expert MRV-T505
Rear (sub): Phoenix Gold TantrumX 10D + Alpine V12 Expert MRV-1005
r00na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 23:22   #7 (permalink)
darkside spy

the only problem i have is that the low-end power seems to be poor up until 2500rpm then ur on 6000rpm in a blink... also i can get the wheels to light up (it's an auto)... poodge if you don't mind me asking how much you pay for the lukey system and does it have an aggressive note ?
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto...cat/all/page/1
Images of xr6 in Acid Rush with 18" alloys

Last edited by qWiGyBo; 01-02-2004 at 23:57.
qWiGyBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum