ba xr8 exhaust help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 22:31   #1 (permalink)

ba xr8 exhaust help!

i just bought a difilippo big boy system from the cats back from ebay for $1350, i recieved it yesterday and bolted it on but its not what i expected.

i didnt get the note that i was looking for and its no where near loud enough. i was wondering if i buy some headers and a hi flow cat will it change the note and make it louder? ive also been told that i would be better off with a dual 2 1/2in exhaust because my xr8 is fully stock and this exhaust is too big?

would like to hear your opinions or solutions please
blackie0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 01:04   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: ba xr8 exhaust help!

Yes the headers and cats will make it louder.

I think if it is sound you are after then the big boy system that you got would be good.

Maybe try the high flow cats first as they will be easier to fit and cheaper. I am assuming you have a Boss powered XR8 ute and the headers take a bit of fitting.

It still may not be loud enough for you even with the whole system lol.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:47   #3 (permalink)

thanks for your help, yes it is the boss 260 engine,what size headers do you recommend? the standard 1 3/4 or the 1 7/8? and if it is still not loud enough will changing the muffler help?
Old 04-10-2009, 22:30   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Ballistic make some racing cats that could be worth a look. The 1 7/8 would be the way to go for sound.

Exhaust note is so different for everyones tastes but for the money you will spend, I doubt that putting the headers on will increase sound enough if you want it real loud . The cats will certainly be worth it but I think and if you want some real noise to come out then you may need some muffler work.

I don't want to put you off the headers as they will make a nicer note for sure but not sure how much you want to spend etc.
Old 04-11-2009, 00:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford View Post
Ballistic make some racing cats that could be worth a look. The 1 7/8 would be the way to go for sound.

Exhaust note is so different for everyones tastes but for the money you will spend, I doubt that putting the headers on will increase sound enough if you want it real loud . The cats will certainly be worth it but I think and if you want some real noise to come out then you may need some muffler work.

I don't want to put you off the headers as they will make a nicer note for sure but not sure how much you want to spend etc.
i dont mind how much i spend as long as i get what i want, most of my money will eventually end up in my car anyway haha
Old 04-11-2009, 00:57   #6 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie0112 View Post
i dont mind how much i spend as long as i get what i want, most of my money will eventually end up in my car anyway haha
In that case do the headers and the cats lol. It will sound better and if it's not enough then do some muffler work.

Let us know how it goes.

Has it been tuned with a reflash tuner yet. It will also make a bit more power if you do that and they can also tune out the egine trouble light if it gives trouble from the O2 sensor with a different exhaust/cat setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum