BA XR8 Ute...Or a Pursuit? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2004, 01:42   #1 (permalink)
X-DM!!

BA XR8 Ute...Or a Pursuit?

What made you decide to get a BA XR8 ute rather than a Pursuit?...I know the $15,000+ extra could play a big part in it....but considering my ute comes to about $50,000 on road with the 18s, few mods plus the sports bar etc...and I know other guys have spent a lot more on there XR8 utes than I have.. It is only another $10,000 and you could own a Pursuit.

.....and a question for the Pursuit owners. What made you decide on a your Pursuit ute rather than the XR8?....
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: BA XR8 Ute...Or a Pursuit?

My answer....I should have asked about the luxury car tax before I bought the XR8...not 2 weeks after.

I didn't know that commercial vehicles were excempt...
Old 05-12-2004, 02:20   #3 (permalink)
out of control

for me it all came down to dollars and value for money, i couldn't see the extra value in the pursuit, it is still missing a lot of goodies that should be there as they are in the GT.
that and for my going from an AU XR6 to the BA XR8 was a huge jump anyway!
Old 05-12-2004, 02:31   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoy
for me it all came down to dollars and value for money, i couldn't see the extra value in the pursuit, it is still missing a lot of goodies that should be there as they are in the GT.
that and for my going from an AU XR6 to the BA XR8 was a huge jump anyway!
Good points there LostBoy....at least you have good reasons. I was talking to a mate today that said he didn't even know the Pursuit ute existed when he bought his XR8 ute...lol...what a character..
Old 05-12-2004, 03:10   #5 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Well rodc, that's a good question...

For me Ford Supplier Discount applies only to Ford product, not FPV, so that clinched it for a start.

Leaving the discount out of it...

If you option on the XR8 Ute all the things the Pursuit has standard you narrow the gap to about $5000. SO the 5k buys you unique seats, some unique bodykit, GT spec wheels (whether you like them or not), interior cosmetic stuff (the dodgy carbon fibre etc.) and datadots. You still don't get leather or prestige sound nor the sports steering wheel.

For me I don't want the hardcover, spoiler or necessarily the bodykit. Premium brakes I'm getting elsewhere and 18"s were borderline for me (they look great but curb scrapes, tyre costs and wear issues all stack up against them). So that adds up to $7500 worth of stuff included in the price of the Pursuit that I don't want as well as compulsory PULP costs.

As it is, the only accesories I really wanted that come standard on the Pursuit are the passenger airbag, alarm and spare alloy totalling about $1500. My XR8 has leather, sound and auto which remain options on the Pursuit anyway and would still cost me over $2000.

What have I left out of all of this, the BOSS290!! This is the ONLY thing I would want that I cannot get in an XR8, and $10,000 or so is alot for 30kw given you could buy a blower instead.
Madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 15:53   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Mate, sit in a Pursuit ute and then a GT and you'll see they didn't give the ute all it deserves. Yet they charge the big dollars. In sedans the XR8 to GT is about $7 or 8k from memory yet in utes the diff between XR8 and Pursuit is more like $15k. Go figure....

It's a hard call. I bought the Pursuit because I thought buying a stock factory car would give me trouble free motoring and easy access to warranty. That was a false assumption so if I had my time again it would be XR8 delivered to Herrods for some real good gear.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 16:16   #7 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Mate, sit in a Pursuit ute and then a GT and you'll see they didn't give the ute all it deserves. Yet they charge the big dollars. In sedans the XR8 to GT is about $7 or 8k from memory yet in utes the diff between XR8 and Pursuit is more like $15k. Go figure....
Thanks AP, that was the other angle I'd forgotten to mention. Very strange that the jump from XR6T Ute to XR8 Ute is only $1200. I think that Ford were between a rock and a hard place with the XR8 Ute and had to match SS Ute pricing which is very competitive (has the six-stacker standard, not even the Pursuit gets that). If Ford pricing dept. had their way the XR8 Ute would have been about 45-46k. This is one of the only times I will thank that mob in Fishermans Bend.
Old 05-12-2004, 19:15   #8 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Madder, I think in June the XR8 will have the six stacker as standard...
Old 05-12-2004, 20:23   #9 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod c
Madder, I think in June the XR8 will have the six stacker as standard...
XR8 Ute??!! Seems it takes a little while for things to filter through to the Utes. I know the sedans are going to get the stacker and 18s, the SS Ute has a stacker but still has 17s standard, would seem strange for Ford to actually leap-frog the opposition for once.
Old 05-12-2004, 20:51   #10 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madder
XR8 Ute??!! Seems it takes a little while for things to filter through to the Utes. I know the sedans are going to get the stacker and 18s, the SS Ute has a stacker but still has 17s standard, would seem strange for Ford to actually leap-frog the opposition for once.
You are probaly right Madder...I thought it would be to good to be true for the ute buyers...

How much is a Pursuit with no options worth now on the road??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum