BA XR8 Ute v WRX - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 02:51   #1 (permalink)

BA XR8 Ute v WRX

on the way home from work this week lined up against an MY03 WRX. the guy was blipping the throttle at the lights, which went from two lanes into one. typical baseball cap on backwards WRX driver.

on the green it was really even, until I reached the rev limiter in 1st. Once in second the ute pulled away easily, with a big squeal of the tyres from 1st to second. the guy in the WRX looked pretty dissappointed!!!

have noticed that at 10 months old and with 16000km the boss is really loosened up and putting out good power.
superbird302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 15:45   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA XR8 Ute v WRX

Yups sounds about right with the loosening up. My eight loosened up well by around 18,000km. Congrats on a good take off by the way. You should easily reel in a stock rex on the go but from stand still is thier strenth.
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 16:28   #3 (permalink)

ive done 5000kms and to me it still feels a little luggish for take offs. In gear acceleration is not too bad (brilliant on cold nights).

Superbird...what sort of figures are your utes pulling on the dyno at those kms?
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 16:58   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbird302
on the way home from work this week lined up against an MY03 WRX. the guy was blipping the throttle at the lights, which went from two lanes into one. typical baseball cap on backwards WRX driver.

on the green it was really even, until I reached the rev limiter in 1st. Once in second the ute pulled away easily, with a big squeal of the tyres from 1st to second. the guy in the WRX looked pretty dissappointed!!!

have noticed that at 10 months old and with 16000km the boss is really loosened up and putting out good power.
I love the squeal going into second.... what a great thing it is to have a BA XR8 Ute... no traction control!
Old 02-05-2004, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Yeah i lined up me girl friends ol man in his 03 STi the other night, i had shitloads of wheel spin (a lil heavy on the revs!) and he jumped out to maybe 1-2 car lenghts on me. I started to pull him in by the end of second gear an blew him into the weeds in third. Me bastard mate in his VY SS ute was right on me bumper though!
Henceforth the ol bugger is off to S&J Automotive to get some work done on the subie, that an he also wanted to go out an have a run against me in his Blown Gen3 VT SS sedan. I declined an just smiled at his obvious annoyance at getting beaten in his new car! :)
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 21:58   #6 (permalink)

I ran 2 VT gen 3's with a vortec's (one had an intercooler on board) at the same time (they were hunting mates). I had 220rwkw@9psi with mine when the blower was on and the front headlight out but when i ran them the light was in! so i'm guessing 15kw less. They had a claimed 260rwkw@8psi and up around 300 RWKW@10psi iNTERCOOLED. Off the line they only had me by about 1.5 and 3(ish) car lenths up at 1.6tonn if you follow. ON the go they had less (i'm in da ute here). So i might not be too scared to have a play with the Blown VT. Chances are you'll get beaten but i don't think buy all that much. Plenty to be happy about when keeping some pace with a heavy hitting blown gen III.
TKTDSGM Member
Old 02-06-2004, 22:00   #7 (permalink)

Of course if he dusts you into the background like so much hyundai excel then he has shown you the path to follow with the blower and all! HEhehe!
TKTDSGM Member
Old 02-08-2004, 23:51   #8 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2XLSV8
Of course if he dusts you into the background like so much hyundai excel then he has shown you the path to follow with the blower and all! HEhehe!
To right, him an the herrod XR8 at the holden v ford show on the weekend. The XR8 was makin 492 rwhp with no cooler!!
I think his last dyno readout was 280rwkw's in his VT, but he was talking to Martin from LS1edit.com.au at the show an he reckons he should be able to get over 300rwkw's with a mafless tune. So he's pretty keen on getting this done know, plus he's gettin some new 18x9's for the rear an he's gonna be puttin on 265 tyres to get some more traction.

All i gotta do is sell me ED an then i'll have enuff cash for me huffer! One lil problem is the g/f just keeps on sayin NO as soon as i start talkin bout it!
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:14   #9 (permalink)

He hehe, this is a problem we all face! I'm lucky enough to have a georgeous and very understanding girl who has offered that when it comes time for a new car for her. i can sell hers and use the money for my blower. Conditions apply as always but I consider myself a luck boy.
The other thing is that there's only so much power you will get to the ground in a efficient manner, look at some other ways to get the launch right find a musclemustangsfastfords magazine and look at all the suspention upgrades the have for the stangs and lightnings. Just imagine how well you could cain that rex if you had a good launch.
A blower on your beast and you'll have 300rwkw and plenty of extra kw to make your statement heard!
TKTDSGM Member
Old 02-09-2004, 17:41   #10 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Geez, that is very understanding!!!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum