BC Falcon ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2002, 21:00   #1 (permalink)
falconS

BC Falcon ute

Here is another mock-up of a falcon ute i did up for the next incarnation of BA (assuming that Ford will not name the next one the BB).

I was reading in the December MOTOR that Holden is definately going to build a tonner version of the VY ute. Which basically gives away ford main advantage in ute sales.

I have read numerous comments from tradies who are holden men, but due to Ford offering a one-tonne trayback/cab-chassis ute, and holden only offering the style-side ute, they bought the Falcon ute because they wouldnt be seen dead in "jap-crap" utes like hilux, bravo and even rodeo and courier.

The problem I can see for Ford is that with Holden offering a cab-chassis version as well as a dedicated styleside without the ugly join gap behind the cabin that the Falcon ute has, they may steal sales from falcon.

In my opinion Ford should not let themselves get behind in their strongest market and they should build a 'seamless' styleside ute as well as a cab-chassis for the next Falcon model (BC/BD/BE whatever?).

Even if they just made the styleside a XLS, XR, Pursuit only style, and made the cab-chassis available on XL and XLS.

Anyway, here are some pics of a 'seamless' styleside i did up. let me know what you think of:
1. the photoshopped pics, and;
2. the issues i raised in the text above.
thanks.

(this link goes to my online car gallery)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...562&uid=732926
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2002, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Good effort mate but the sedan lights dont really go. I like the ute lights at the moment anyway. The seamless look is also nice but I dunno - i still prefer a gap for some reason.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum