cabin in xg ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 04:01   #1 (permalink)

cabin in xg ute

i have been thinking of moving the back of my try at the cabin end to under the window to give more space behind the seats. i have seen this done in another xg and it is really good. the main reason is so that i can fit a sub in and put the seats back further. can anyone give me any info on this at all. how hard is this to do and what are the key points to take note of. please help me if you can
thanks
Jizza_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2005, 03:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: cabin in xg ute

I've seen it done to an XE ute and it looked pretty tidy .
To do it properly it will need to be engineered, as it is a structural part of the
vehicle .
Why not just build your sub enclosure in the tray and port it into the cabin ?
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 14:04   #3 (permalink)
No Ute No Circle Work

I have an XG and have a 12"sub in the center ported inbetween the 2 seats. Then in the tray I created a metal wall and put 2 hinged doors either side to store the jack/jumperleads etc.
You can also remove the fuel tank cover and fit a 10" sub below tray lvl into cabin so it is totaly hidden.
xgdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:41   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgdude
I have an XG and have a 12"sub in the center ported inbetween the 2 seats. Then in the tray I created a metal wall and put 2 hinged doors either side to store the jack/jumperleads etc.
You can also remove the fuel tank cover and fit a 10" sub below tray lvl into cabin so it is totaly hidden.
I am currently redoing the stereo in my XF ute and have put a new wall in behind the seats to make room for the sub box with 2 15's in it.The scary part is welding it in over the fuel tank!I put wet blankets down and then a fire blanket down over every thing and then weld it in slowly and always have some one on fire watch.The fuel vapours are your main concern not the petrol itself.

I have also fabbed up a fibreglass/mdf sub box under the tray with a single 12" for a bloke and made a hole behind the drivers seat to let the bass thru to the cab and it worked really well.The best part is you wouldn't know it had a sub in it until you heard it of course and you have not cut the car to peices to do so.
MEX351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum