Change BA ute body to 1 tonner ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2004, 22:45   #1 (permalink)

Change BA ute body to 1 tonner ???

Hello all,
Has or dose anybody know how hard it is to remove the rear ute/well body of the XR BA ute, and replace it with the {for me anyway} much more user friendly and practical drop side 1tonner style aluminium tray.
Dose anybody know who dose this. Whom do you all recomend.
Am in Gippsland so Melbourne is the place to head for this work I would assume. As you all probably have not see my name before, once again hello all. My boss {Mondie some of you may know him} has been a big fan of the FF, so it is good to be on here myself and not looking over his sholder all the time, asking whots news on the forum. Am very interested in the V8 BA ute idea with the tray swap, just need to get the ute now.

Zoom
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2004, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
Ford man

Re: Change BA ute body to 1 tonner ???

A few bolts hold it on. The guys that supply the tray should be able to do it. Custom Colour coded steel trays look totally sic.
NatzXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:21   #3 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

APS put a alloy tray on there xr6t drag ute, but it aint all that prtical for anything!
But any tray manufacturer or supplier should be able to do it for ya.
The only one i can think of off the top of my head is Alcan, but there are plenty of others. A steel tray won't rattle as much as an alloy one but is a fair bit heavier. A nice colour coded steel tray with a polished wood floor would look sweet on a BA XR.
Ya ford dealer should be able to get one for ya, or tell ya who makes there's for them.
Cheers....Nath
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:31   #4 (permalink)

i have ally tray on au2 xr8 .painted car colour no dramas can change from one to another in 15 minutes! used tub tail lights on their side .sounds bad looks pretty dam good. i'm a chippy and painter and love the no scratches.with the ally you lose 50 /75 kilos too.can't reccomend it highly enough best mod ever
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum