Courtesy Cars Supplied by the Dealership? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 19:37   #1 (permalink)

Question Courtesy Cars Supplied by the Dealership?

Hi guys,
I ordered a blueprint XR8 ute that was meant to be delivered on Friday 5th December. I sold my old car 3 weeks ago and have gotten by without a car for that long, but this week I have a few appointments that I need to make, and public transport is not an option.

My question is, has anyone had any experiences with their Ford dealership lending out courtesy cars if it hasn't been delivered on time? If I ask, can I expect them to give me one?
I rang today and asked the question but my normal sales rep was not in and they said they couldn't check the status of my car since their computer systems are offline on the weekends. They are going to ring me Monday morning, which isn't really convenient since I'm at work and the dealership is an hour away.

Naturally I'm a little annoyed since they told me the car would be in the last week of November and I haven't been able to function normally without a car. I should have known they just wanted my signature on the dotted line.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm dying to get this damn thing!

Joe
jgwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2003, 19:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: Courtesy Cars Supplied by the Dealership?

With the amount of money you are paying I'd be demanding a courtesy car of some sort, its their cock-up.
jon960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 20:25   #3 (permalink)

When i was told that I had to wait 2 months for my ba xr8 ute, I asked them if they could give discounts on loan cars but I was told "we don't provide that service".

However when my dealership cocked up my order (auto instead of manual) I was given a courtesy car.

Keep hammering them for expected dates. Demand a firm date.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 21:45   #4 (permalink)
out of control

my dealer didn't want me to put over 60,000 on my trade in, but the new XR8 was taking a little while, i told him at the time i may have a problem. so he gave me another AU I XL Tonner (with a few kms on it) to drive around in. in 3 weeks i put 6,500 kms on it, and he didn't even think about charging me for the use.
push hard enough and they should give you something off the used car lot to drive.
LostBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 00:52   #5 (permalink)

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. It turns out that my car will be there tomorrow anyway so I won't need one.
I won't be able to sleep tonight!
jgwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 01:52   #6 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Well it's nearly the end of tommorow. where's the pics of it, and the acompyning rave?
haha, here's me demanding pics an i dunno how to upload em meself !!
Bugger, i betta get someone lined up o get some snaps of mine an try an work out how to post em over christmas...
Hopefully everyone's to pissed an full of food to hassle me for em....
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum