Door cruncher... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 03:46   #1 (permalink)
Only a V8 Ute Will Do

Thumbs down Door cruncher...

Jeez, some people. Well the Ute is a little over a week old now, thought I might go and have a hit of Golf. Come back after the hit, and some mongrel has door crunched me. The mirror is bent backwards, one long dent about 200mm long down the door. No sorry letter on the car - no nothing. What a great Xmas present....

"FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"
www.fpvxrclub.com
Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 13:51   #2 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Re: Door cruncher...

%#*ing pricks. People just don't have the guts and the humility to own up to their cock-ups. Why the arseholes can't just eat humble pie, apologize and hand over their insurer details is beyond me.

Hope it's restricted to the door only. Very sorry to hear of this Brute6. Really painful to have that happen anytime let alone on a new ute.

Jase
Old 12-20-2004, 14:53   #3 (permalink)

This is one of my pet hates...I freakin hate it when some idiot dings your car and just slinks away..

I've had more than my share of unwanted panel damage over the years.. and now I have my ute I usually don't park in public carparks unless the parking spot is isolated from the others.. I prefer to park along side the curb and or walk a decent distance.

My ute was about a month old, I was in country NSW and was sitting in it with my g/f when some woman just up and opened her door onto it... It had been a rather strange day and earlier we and the car were threatened by a drunken lout weilding a pipe so I was in no mood to have to deal with another issue... all she could say was "I can't believe you are so upset.. it's only a car..." luckily her unbreakable 72 hilux didn't break the paint or leave a dent.. as later in the day when I was assisting the Police after they arrested my earlier aquaintence, I mentioned the incident involving the woman and they were keen to do all they could (within the law of course) to assist..

If I were you I'd go back to the golf club regularly and walk the carpark looking for a car with a bumper scuff, it was probably an older car driven by an older male, they'll be back there soon enough.

Perhaps put a notice up at the club offering a reward for info leading to person who did it..

I feel for you Brute6.

Steve
SteevO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 14:54   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear about it and I know it will bug you greatly! My best wishes for a quick fix and recovery for the baby....

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 23:59   #5 (permalink)

You have my sympathy also Brute6, some people just dont realise the blood sweat and tears and sacrifices that often go in to being able to buy your dream machine to have some arse wipe who can't understand why you get upset when they damage it, we know accidents happen but when you fail to be accountable for it you are nothing more than a s!?t bag
Old 12-21-2004, 02:52   #6 (permalink)
Not Guilty, Your Honour

Sorry to hear about your ute Brute6.
Probably some old geriatric pr**k with his driving hat on.
We may need to organise the Ford Forum Lynch Mob to pay him a visit.

Cheers, Danny

Herrod XR8 ute for sale. too many extras to list.
Check it out here.

http://www.fordforums.com/f564/herrod-xr8-ute-66083/

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00&ppuser=9077
Full Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 23:50   #7 (permalink)
wanna GT

my condolences to you mate...nothing shits me more then someone who dosnt appreciate someone elses property, especially your pride and joy. I had a wanker reverse into the front my car while i was in the bank and they hit it and ran (lucky for them) as the front spoiler was nearly snaped in half. I left my signature in two black lines down the main drag to voice my feelings over the matter. The people around should take notice of things like cars hitting another car and leaving and take the license plate as that way they can also be charged over the incident.

I hope next time Brute 6 your at the coarse you notice a car with your paint attatched so you can show them what its like to have their property damaged
nAmTaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 00:08   #8 (permalink)
I know what I don't know

biggrin Re: Door cruncher...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Jeez, some people. Well the Ute is a little over a week old now, thought I might go and have a hit of Golf. Come back after the hit, and some mongrel has door crunched me. The mirror is bent backwards, one long dent about 200mm long down the door. No sorry letter on the car - no nothing. What a great Xmas present....
That's messed up.
Hope this helps:
http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00416.wmv

*Thanks to BumpiN LSC SE NYC at FORDvsCHEVY.COM
All rights reserved.
oldschool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum