eGas engines - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2003, 17:48   #1 (permalink)

eGas engines

Just wondering how many Barra eGas engines are out there? I've got a BA XL (SE) Naroomba Blue and it's done about 4,000 kms, Whenever I stop at the lights I get a strong smell for a few seconds, it smells like trans fluid to me but the techs at the Ford dealership says it's just the LPG. Anybody else with an eGas get a strong smell just after stopping?
reastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2003, 21:23   #2 (permalink)
If all else fails-GAS IT!

Just being nosey,
\
How does the gas engine go, can you compare it to a petrol one u have driven?

What doesit cost to fill and how far can u go on a tank?

cheers
Red

"Life is good!"
bloodnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 21:45   #3 (permalink)

The eGas engine goes well, I had a short drive of the petrol version when buying the car. You don't notice the difference in normal driving but the petrol seemed to have more kick when planting the foot. The only real difference is in cranking the engine, the gas takes 2-3 secs to start while the petrol kicks over straight away.
I get about 600kms per tank which costs anywhere between $29 and $33 depending on LPG (34c to 42.9 in Adelaide/Strathalbyn). It holds 92 litrs but the most I've put in is 79, the one thing you don't want to do with an eGas is run out!
reastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum