Finally... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 04:20   #1 (permalink)

Finally...

Well i finally ordered a new ute today, just thought i would share my happiness.

its a manual mkII XR8 in velocity with luxury pack, hard toneau, sports steering wheel, factory alarm, scuff inserts, xr mats, and wheel nuts.

now i just have to shop around for insurance, can anyone reccomend a good one for under 25's?

also, can you guys steer me in the right direction on what to look out for when picking the car up?
will_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2005, 02:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Finally...

under 25 good luck! $620 north queensland with suncorp same ute, rapid with exaust and 18's but 31 years young! look for runs, chips or dents seen them all on brand new falcons
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 14:25   #3 (permalink)
Turbotuff

to put a dampener on your new purchase im 20 and pay over $3000 a year insurance on my xr6 turbo ute with max no claim bonus clean driving record.
Old 10-30-2005, 14:31   #4 (permalink)

well, im paying alot less with max no claim for life.
Old 11-02-2005, 00:00   #5 (permalink)
old B - new B

are you getting a special build ute or one out of stock.?

check for any scratches, small dents, water marks on paint.
cars that have been sitting often have water stains on the paint from where they are hosed off and not chamiosed or from acid rain sitting in holding yards.
i have seen this so bad that the only way to fix it would be a respray. this happens on any make , not just fords.

check that it has been cleaned properly, some detailers dont get all the wax,sticker glue, etc off from when the car is prepared for transport.

if your are getting a special build , you could ask if the engine bay will be colour coded with the outside. this seems to be a lucky dip.
check that under side of doors, etc have been painted properly.

check that all the door rubbers , etc are pressed into place properly.if this is done when new they keep their right shape, if left they form the shape that they are fitted and won`t go into the right shape later.

if the dealer ship is doing their job they should have this all done but some of the cars that come through my shop are in shocking shape for new cars. mine at 2 1/2 years old is in better condition than some i have seen.

on a brighter note, when i got mine it was in top shape. plastic grill insert in bottom of front bumper not clipped in right, one very small dent about the size of a finger print on the front edge of the ute back that you can hardly notice. they gave me some headlight covers and dash mat instead of fixing the dent , because i did not want to have the paint patched up if it was damaged during the repair.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:10   #6 (permalink)

here are some pics:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 006a.JPG (74.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 008a.JPG (52.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 007a.JPG (58.3 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 009a.JPG (77.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 11-04-2005, 17:42   #7 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Finally...

Well done mate, she's a beauty. I really like those MKII 17-inch wheels, I wouldn't have been very dissappointed if mine had come with them instead of the 18's, though I'm not unhappy with the 18's in any way. In fact there ain't too much to be unhappy about at all with these utes, hope you enjoy your's as much as I do mine!!!
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:01   #8 (permalink)
old B - new B

good looking ute

was the fairmont clock and centre control panel a special order ?? i dont remember seeing them in a ute before.

i wanted to get blue when i got mine but could only get the darker blues at the time on the XLS .

i still like my gold one .
nicest car i`ve ever owned .

maybe not as tuff as the old XB.
WWW.sunshield.biz
Old 11-05-2005, 18:35   #9 (permalink)

its a whole fairmont dashboard with rubber ac vent turny things (im told they are normally plastic) aswell and different switches for dashboard brightness etc. and is part of the luxury pack.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:31   #10 (permalink)
old B - new B

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_
its a whole fairmont dashboard with rubber ac vent turny things (im told they are normally plastic) aswell and different switches for dashboard brightness etc. and is part of the luxury pack.
nice one
WWW.sunshield.biz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum