Finding the Limiter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2003, 18:31   #1 (permalink)

Finding the Limiter

The ute now has 1500km and is really flying...

But... I have a querie, I searched for this but couldn't find any answers...

Does one take the foot off the gas when flicking the sequential box?

Around town, no problems... but when pushing I find (I think) the rev limiter real quick on a change, particularly from 2nd to 3rd... all goes quiet, (only for a split second) before the engine thunders back, arse wiggle and off again... hard to look like I meant it with eyes like saucers...
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2003, 22:24   #2 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Re: Finding the Limiter

Good to read you're having fun.

When I do use the box in manual mode I tend to just keep the power on through the change. Especially on rainy Sat when doing some traction experiments, wheelspin at 5000rpm flick into second then third before the back end grabbed.

Funny thing happened later when on the way home. Had the box in performance mode which is fun in the wet. Saw a brown XF to one side but didn't think about it too much. Launched solidly but not too hard that I would break traction, the XF was staying with me obviously to push me into nailing it. So I did and instantly revs go through the roof and back steps out. Went within a gnats fart of sideswiping the XF with my right rear. I backed off immediately but was expecting a "CLUNK", nope, just missed. Put the power back on and shot off. Looked back to see the driver and passenger laughing, I was giggling at this stage too. Split off the highway to go home and gave 'em a wave as they passed.
Old 11-24-2003, 23:34   #3 (permalink)

ah Madder... it's that kind of honesty that makes me laugh....

during your errrr... traction experiments have you found the limiter and the consequences of it on the squential...??

here's one for you... :)

Indicated, burried the foot and off I go, passing a car... then no traction... I thought I had broken something, took my eyes off the road to look down inside the ute (like I would know anyhow) and bang... the traction partially came back and I was launched down the road, 3rd gear 5000+ passing 3 cars, (only went out to pass one)... fugging sideways... waving to them out of my windscreen... looked out the drivers window to be safe and see what was coming... easy to laugh now... but nearly had to hose off the leather....

I don't hear the squeeks in the dash, don't even use the CD player or 4th gear for that matter... just love that V8 roar.....
Old 11-25-2003, 02:45   #4 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Shut the &^#$ up you poofs, at least till after i get mine!!! Pleassse.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...

Last edited by Aussie Pete; 11-25-2003 at 16:21.
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:58   #5 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavze
Shut the &^#@ up you poofs, at least till after i get mine!!! Pleassse.
flavze, I hear there is a looooooooooooooong wait on black XR8 utes and they are thinking of doing away with the bulge in the bonnets on the XR8 utes as from now on because they are putting in the 220kw engines instead.

Last edited by Aussie Pete; 11-25-2003 at 16:22.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:05   #6 (permalink)

sorry flavze....

I know the pain, the sleepless nights, looking at utes as they go past, looking for the bulge to see if its an 8...

I would like to say the wait is the best part, knowing its coming without the worry of parking, insurance and scratches... but I would be bullshitting... driving it is sooo much better....

do you have your sido yet? I found ringing the dealer and ford twice daily was no help... go figure.... :)
Old 11-27-2003, 02:26   #7 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Nah i'm gettin it through a friend of mine who's gettin fleet discount for me , maybe a slight chance of gettin it befor christmas but probly the first or second week of jan.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum