Ford Forums banner

ford/holden utes

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  LoverBoy 
#1 ·
went to the car racing today to watch the basically stock holden vs ford v8 utes, holden isnt even worth mentioning. the fords won every race.

#2 ·
V8 burtes

yer how good is it, its the best sellin point ford could hae ever done, the ammount of ford up the top compaired to holden is gr8, and just think that holden is actually the 350 gen 3, and the ford is "only" the 302... is a gr8 battel as well, c'in the utes smashed up, i love it.
:D catch ya CATman

G
#4 ·

I hate to say this the engine in the Holden Utes have be 'detuned' from stock, and the Ford engines have been modified to increase power to what the 5.7L Chev has.

I think the Holdens may have extra weight added to slow them down also?

Its all in the name of parity, without it the XR8 ute wouldnt have a chance. The same thing happens in GTP with alot of cars also.

#6 ·
What the...?

I also heard that the Holdens are detuned or something like that to make it fairer. The XR8 ute still 'only' packs 200kW compared to the genIII 225 kW and although the XR8 handles and corners better it's not enough to keep up apparently.

I may be wrong on one or two of those points, I just recall reading something about them a while ago.

Ash

#7 ·
Re: What the...?

Well it makes sense. Falcon's current V8 is really a competitor for the old 5.0 Holden V8. The two have been mismatched for years now, and will be until later this year.

#8 ·
Re: What the...?

the fords had 257kw and the holdens 255kw.
most of the winners of the day were the cars better at braking and cornering.
one match had a ferarri and a viper goeing at it, the viper blew it away down every straight but the ferarri braked much better and cought it around every corner and ended up winning both matches.

G
#9 ·
brutes

just to let u in on something
the falcon utes run the std 220 engine but!!!!!!!they run motec injection, huge cam and unrestricted exhaust so thet put out as much power as the comm's and the comm ute is the stocko 225kw but they end up with the same power
the rest of the cars are the same (brakes and crap)
my bro is a pit crew manager and he runs 2 falc utes and 1 comm
i have to say i thought the gow st ute was fast but the comm driven by warren luff is quicker....sorry
check out

v8brutes.com

#10 ·
Stroker Utes

Hey Guys just wait till the Ford Interceptor ute comes out a 5.6 litre stroked V8 250 Kw it blows the doors of any Holden Piece of Shit. Plus the ford looks shit load better. Aint it funny the AU sedan looks crap but the AU ute looks great even with out body kit.

#11 ·
Re: Stroker Utes

I hate holdens as much as you guys but I agree they are running a detuned Gen3.I have read where an exhaust and chip will make a ute in Gen3 form run in the 13.5 sec bracket.My mates worked REX had trouble betting one a couple of weeks ago.Ford really need to pull there finger out.The interceptor may be it.A TE50 runs around around the 14.4-14.1 depeding on which mag you read. So they might have a good chance, fingers crossed.

CYA Lukey.

#13 ·
Re: Stroker Utes

And also, when the new Braun 3D toothbrush comes onto the market, I promise you it will pull more RPM than any shit heap Oral B....

G
#17 ·
Dyno the toothbrush

Well you could always look at it as amount of plaque removed per second.

I hear for next years Horsepower shootout, theres a twin turbo braun in the works.

Cuts the 0 to molar run in 3.2 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.