Ford Forums banner

Got my ute back, finally!!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KenOath 
#1 ·
:s2: :s2: :s2: :s2: :s2: :s2: :s2:

Yes, the beast has finally been allowed back to my driveway after 3 months for an engine conversion.

What was supposed to be 2 weeks somehow turned into 3 months but I am bloody stoked now!

My 1974 XB ute now runs: ED XR6 motor and T5 XR6 box with full 2.5 inch exhuast. I have got a smile as big as packman when I hear the exhaust note, it makes me wanna cream my pants.

I got it back on Monday last week but had to return it for a little more tweaking. So actually got it back on Friday. Ohhh Im so happy.

Performance?? Well it goes hard. I have never had a car this powerful but thats because my previous rides list goes like this: XC ute (4.1 X-flow, auto), Datto 1200 (1.2, manual) and a Mini(1.1, manual). I feel a lot more comfortable when then tail is out than compared to the Datto, I think its something to do with having the power to correct or something. No brakies in this baby, just plant your foot in first and the wheels will light up. Power burns!!! Mostly in second.

Enough of me crapping on, pics will come asap.

Simon

:s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6: :s6:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds good mate, cant wait to see the photos.. i know the feeling about engine conversions mate, mine was 3 weeks and now its been 3 months and still a LONG way from finished. oh well good things come to those who wait a? :shrug:

#3 ·
XBXR6UTEMAN

Mate, sounds great. But, if you have a spare minute, do you think you can do me a favour?

I am interested in putting a XR6 motor in my XF, and would like to know what I am in for before I start.

So, if you could list the major problems you had and what you needed to do. Or if you did it agin, what would you do differently.

I know you could write a small book on this, so I am only after a few tips.

I am sure this would help out others as well.

Cheers
Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.