Ford Forums banner

Got a new ute

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SM 
#1 ·
Well, I picked up the 10/2000 AUII XL ute yesterday, and am pretty impressed with it. Its coulumn auto!!, don't ask, cd, dual airbags, abs, cruise, 1 tonne option and a brand new rear tub. I'm sure it had a service body on it as the 1 tonne isn't an option on the styleside utes is it??. Anyway its in today and tomorrow for a big drop in height and some 17x8 ajr rims, colour coding of grill, bumper, side mouldings and some clear indicators. Can't wait. Will post some photo's tonight of the ute with the ass hanging out??, the rear leafs have been sent away to be reset. Long live the old XG, the auto was getting pretty interesting, 5500rpm was required to get her into gear.

#2 ·
Good stuff Sam.. may I ask what dollars you got it for? Am in the market for one myself.. If I can't afford one then I'll be keeping the Pursuit Festy..

#4 ·
sounds like a nice ute xr8sam. remember that if you change the wheels you lose the one tonne capacity rating unless you get wheels and tyres with a higher load rating than normal. the style sides did come with the 1 tonne option, the only utes that cant get that option are manuals and xr's.

#7 ·
She ca,e with the column auto, had to wait another 2 months for a T bar, funny thing is its got really good bucket seats. The 1 tonne rating is achieved by a big thick leaf at the bottom of the others, i think, and i;m sure i'll loose the one tonne rating, cost about $150.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.