Grinder sparks in rear window? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 01:48   #1 (permalink)

Grinder sparks in rear window?

I just got my windows tinted in my BA ute that was a demo model when I bought it. Except when I got the tint put on, it has highlighted what looks to be sparks from a grinder (according to the tint guy). The tint guy said he normally sees this sort of thing in older cars where people have cut holes for new speakers with a grinder. Now I havent taken a grinder to my ute, and there is no evidence of a grinder being used in the cab so I am thinkin that it must have happened at the ford factory.

Any ideas how this could have happened? Do you think that I would be able to get the window replaced under warranty? Or am I up a certain creek?
BAXLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2004, 02:56   #2 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Re: Grinder sparks in rear window?

Nothing hurt by asking your dealer nicely, let him have a look at it and he may replace it under warranty
Old 08-30-2004, 03:05   #3 (permalink)

more like cheap window tint , sometimes u might get a window fited on a old car , but new?
Old 08-30-2004, 03:16   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge
more like cheap window tint , sometimes u might get a window fited on a old car , but new?
Nah, fairly sure its not the tint. It is in one main patch about 10cm by 10cm and then here and there over the whole window in a pattern that looks consistent with sparks from a grinder or something. If you look close you can actually see little metal filings in the glass.
Plus I have had the same tint installed on another car and was quite happy with the job.
BAXLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum