Ford Forums banner

Have u ordered/got a MKII Ute? What colour is it?

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  trbo6 
#1 ·
Have u ordered/got a MKII Ute? What model and colour is it?

Guys and gals,

Just a little survey, because I know everyone likes to brag about their new purchase, and why the heck wouldn't ya, you just spent 35-60 grand on it!! ;)

so I'll get the ball rolling, we just picked up our MKII XR8 Ute in Mandarine...

Mandarine is the orange with the gold fleck thru it, looks awesome in the sunlight :D

Next...

#4 · (Edited)
Ordered mine last week.......Vixen pursuit with black stripes
:)

#5 ·
Re: Have u ordered/got a MKII Ute? What model and colour is it?

MKII BOSS said:
Guys and gals,

Just a little survey, because I know everyone likes to brag about their new purchase, and why the heck wouldn't ya, you just spent 35-60 grand on it!! ;)

so I'll get the ball rolling, we just picked up our MKII XR8 Ute in Mandarine...

Mandarine is the orange with the gold fleck thru it, looks awesome in the sunlight :D

Next...
Do you have any pics of it? i was going to get that colour but got Citric acid instead.

#6 ·

MKII BOSS said:
Guys and gals,

Next...
Been viewing this site for a few months now, but just registered tonite when I saw this thread.

Just ordered a MKII XR6T Auto in Vixen 1st week of November.

Kept it pretty std on the outside, only towbar, mudflaps & sump guard (spend quite a bit on time on gravel roads).
Interior - have gone for optional full leather seats, Momo sports steering wheel & passenger air bag.

Have never driven a 6 or 8 cyl vehicle, but should be a decent step up from my 2.7L 104kw 4 cyl Toyota Hi-Lux!
I'm a NZ Honda M/Cycle dealer & reckon this should be just the gear to deliver new ATV's to Farm clients!

If I cope alright, can keep it on the road & out of paddocks, I'll seriousley consider a APS Phase 1 kit.
I understand this thing comes with a 6 In-Dash changer, looked on ford.com.au & it seems Oz models have only Single CD, is this the case?

#8 ·
Got a call from the stealer today, mine was delivered to FPV today and may be ready in 2 weeks :D

#9 ·

Shredda said:
I understand this thing comes with a 6 In-Dash changer, looked on ford.com.au & it seems Oz models have only Single CD, is this the case?
Welcome, good to see yet another NZ member
i'm pretty sure the NZ Falcon utes come with premium sound as standard for some reason just like the Territory's in NZ come with body coloured bumpers as standard. I don't know why this is

#10 ·
Ordered a Shockwave XR8 MKII Ute with the 6 speed, in September. It finally, after many delays, went onto the line today. Should have it around the 15th of Dec.

#11 ·
Ive also ordered my XR8 MkII Ute with the 6 speed, original date was to be the 15th of Dec also, but had a phone call last week to tell me it will arrive in Sydney on the 29th of this month, if this is true, ive only got 5 days to go!!!
BRING IT ON!!

#12 ·
Ive also ordered my XR8 MkII Ute with the 6 speed in shockwave original date was to be the 15th of Dec also, but had a phone call last week to tell me it will arrive in Sydney on the 29th of this month, if this is true, ive only got 5 days to go!!!
BRING IT ON!!

#14 ·
mte351 said:
Ive also ordered my XR8 MkII Ute with the 6 speed in shockwave original date was to be the 15th of Dec also, but had a phone call last week to tell me it will arrive in Sydney on the 29th of this month, if this is true, ive only got 5 days to go!!!
BRING IT ON!!
Sounds like yours might be on the same truck as mine.

#15 ·
Wade rocks said:
Sounds like yours might be on the same truck as mine.
Please guys, stop complaining. I ordered a XR8 Series 2 Manual (is there any other) in manadrine (you guys know the colour) anyway was told try another colour so Envy it had to be, given Blurprint was Gone!!!.

Anyway ordered one with everything except sports bar. Placed the order on the 19th Sept, ute arrived on Monday the 29th Nov to be delivered on the 3rd Dec. So please you guys down South, stop winging. Bring on Friday!!!!

#16 ·
I got my xr6 ute 2 days ago in Rapid, it reminds me of an xc hardtop I owned 20 years ago. This my 2nd xr6 in 3 months got a sedan in lightning strike for my wife. In the standard XR^s you won't find much difference betweeb the series 1&2 I love both cars ford got these thing right.

#17 ·
Utester said:
Please guys, stop complaining. I ordered a XR8 Series 2 Manual (is there any other) in manadrine (you guys know the colour) anyway was told try another colour so Envy it had to be, given Blurprint was Gone!!!.

Anyway ordered one with everything except sports bar. Placed the order on the 19th Sept, ute arrived on Monday the 29th Nov to be delivered on the 3rd Dec. So please you guys down South, stop winging. Bring on Friday!!!!
Was suppose to pick up my ute yesterday but the finance people ballsed up
because it has been more than 3 months (six weeks past delivery date) since
contract was drawn up they had to re submit finance for approval mind you telling me all this the day im suppose to pick it up so oviously cant have
car till aleast tuesday can handle that, rember Utester i ordered my car
August 9th and am getting it dec 14th, of corse your not complaining as you
recieved yours when you were told, maybe your thought would be different if you were in my shoes. It is the principal of it for such a big company and no one had a clue what was going on right up until a day before it was to be delivered to the dealer very unprofessial thats just my opinion. And yes it is manual or nothing for me to, hows the 6sp treating you must be enjoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.