Ford Forums banner

How many falcon utes did nissan make?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jase_ELXR8 
#1 ·
Okay, I know they were only rebadged but how many were made in the early late 80's early 90's?

I saw one yesterday when I was in southern western sydney, red, with a big black nissan letters on the back, a diffrent grill at the front and a nissan badge in the middle of that, it was had a few dents in it. It looked wierd, not bad, just weird. NSW rego.

I remembering reading in a Ford book that they were extremely rare, few being made and sold. The one in the book appeared to be white, So I guess there are two of them, perhaps more.

looking through drive I found the following details..

1988-1992 4.1 carby ST/DX trims They were called "THE UTE"

#2 ·
mmm, Dont know how many were made, interesting topic though

I used to work next door to a signwriting shop and they had two of them in there once, applying some vinyl lettering to them for a mining company, must have been about `89.
Brand spankers they were

Would be interesting to the compare prices with the Falcon when new.

#3 ·
According to drive the prices were simular, but Im guessing nissan dealers would have been discounting them pretty hard.

I find odd little things like this interesting. I like looking for odd cars it appeals to the trainspotter in me.

So does that mean you can get parts for XF utes at nissan dealers?

#5 ·
IPhido said:
According to drive the prices were simular, but Im guessing nissan dealers would have been discounting them pretty hard.

I find odd little things like this interesting. I like looking for odd cars it appeals to the trainspotter in me.

So does that mean you can get parts for XF utes at nissan dealers?
Just like the Ford Maverick (Nissan Patrol) you gotta get parts of Nissan and i can bet with the Nissan Ute you get parts from ford, hell if i had to buy a Nissan Ute i'd buy Ford badges and stick'em on with an EB grille.

My mate has a Lexan (VP Equivelant)and it's wierd. :dead: :dead:

#6 ·
There was a joke going around back then that the Nissans were faster!!!! Reason less wind resistance because of the stickers not badges..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.