I have recently brought an XH ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19   #1 (permalink)
Funkyeah

biggrin I have recently brought an XH ute

Can Someone tell me what the engine is called eg,windsor or cleveland? I know its an OHC that pumps out close to 148 kw of power its been hit so the front end has been replaced im not sure if its original engine or not Im guessing not I think the dash has been replaced as well so im not to sure on the true k,s clock says 120 thou but it could be 300 and twenty mind you engine seems in good enough nick it can be a contakerous cow to start sometimes, havent had much success yet with getting it running smoothly all iv done is replace leads and adjust timing it still has mechanical dizzy. (Rambling abit just tired).
Anyway any help would be appreciated
cheers
JD
redrocker1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2004, 07:26   #2 (permalink)
Mercury Cougar Cool

Re: I have recently brought an XH ute

is it a v8 or 6 cylinder? A V8 should be a Windsor but it is not an OHC.
Old 09-08-2004, 19:53   #3 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

The six cylinders don't really have a name apart from 4 litre, not like the Windsors and Clevelands (which are named after the engine plants where they were built - although to confuse the matter the Windsor production was transferred to Cleveland! ).

Good luck with it, don't forget to post up some pics!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

The six cylinder also gets called I6 for Inline 6.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:38   #5 (permalink)

it's a 4 Litre Eater!
falconxr6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 21:11   #6 (permalink)
Funkyeah

Cool so its a just known as an OHC six more or less?
I like the engine so far altho sometimes the kickdown can be a bit slow to respond its got a 4 speed auto. I Will post some pics as soon as possible. The one thing with it tho when you kick the engine in the guts you know youve kicked it in the guts. I cant even imagine what the XR6 turbo or XR8 feels like must be awesome. The other problem it has is the inconsistant starting pattern sometimes first go, other times it will crank for 3 or 4 seconds before it splutters into life and by that I mean running roughly for a second or two before it quitens down to a stable running pattern; it still has a miss every so often which annoys me but hey it happens. I checked out the gearbox it seems to be working ok. It runs straight line on the road no wonder at all can take both hands off the wheel and doesnt veer at all. Get some strange looks form the other drivers tho:) I recently put a stereo in im running an overpriced JL audio 12" tube Kicker six by nine splits out of my old crap heap and a new pioneer amp 300 watt RMS 4 channel with a five year old kenwood kdc2012 headunit it pumps out well for a ute but the bass is borderline Im used to a 15 " sealed enclosure type bass running off my old Kicker amp IX 404 Sub speaker Marathon custom Box. anyway thanks for the input so far guys you have been great by the way im selling my kicker amp and my 15"subby if anyone is interested $350.00 the lot no fuse wire or cabling tho email me at jd@goldlink.aunz.com
redrocker1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum