Important!!!!!!!!!!! Cover your load! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2004, 23:20   #1 (permalink)

mad Important!!!!!!!!!!! Cover your load!

Stop everything! A MESSAGE TO ALL UTE OWNER OUT THERE! SECURE YOUR LOAD AND COVER WITH A TARP OR SOMETHING. Today i was traveling behind a aluminium tray ute 4 cars back and an empty bucket of plaster mix just bunches out of this guys tray and yours truly is the lucky sod to collect it under the front bumper. I try to catch the guy and lose him due to some badly weight challenged womans inability to travel anywhere near the speed limit (80kph). LOST HIM. 8 four letter words later i'm home and inspecting the damage. Bumper all scratched up, trans cable loose, and coolant pissing out of my broken friggen radiator.
Now my beautiful ute sits on the lawn by my study window without a drop of coolant in her and all scratched up to boot.
Thank You inconsiderate driver!

However once i work out the cost it may prove prudent to install cam while radiator is out... trying to see the silver lining here!!!

If anyone see's a ute with loose stuff on the back Don't drive anywhere near it. It all happened 2km from home too!
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 23:26   #2 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Re: Important!!!!!!!!!!! Cover your load!

Understand fully where you are comming from..
I was behind a truck towing a forklift on its tray , when we both went to turn right a bloody sleeper fell off the back thankgod for right foot driving..

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 00:06   #3 (permalink)

That completely sucks man. Hope you can get it fixed and it doesn't cost to much. As you said, its a good excuse for some other mods.
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 16:28   #4 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Phew - for a moment I thought it was a safe sex campaign.

Nah - totally agree with you. I've seen the damage a loose wheel in the tray did to a mate's car...
Old 05-30-2004, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
.au member

so very true, my uncle and his son were killed because of a 44 gallon drum falling out of a ute and onto their car. so naturally whenever a member of our family sees such a thing just waiting to happen again, the 'inconsiderate' (in commas cos thats not actually what i refer to them as) driver cops an earful.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:13   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

Yes, I am 100% in agreement. I've had 3 close calls in 12 months. First was a huge piece of flat rubber that came off a trailer and bounced off my roof. Fortunatly no damage but some rubber marks just above me drivers seat!
Second, less than a week later following another trailer and decieded to move off to the left 2 lanes. Just as I get into the lane of choice a huge piece of masonite flys out the back....some other poor sod got nailed in the exact position I was 20 seconds earlier.
3rd and most scary, traveling beside a truck then the truck in front loses a FULL sheet of platerboard. It hits the truck beside me and showers me in plaster. I hit the brakes and about 10 meters ahead the FULL chep pallet he also lost (and I didnt see cause it went straight up and I was looking at the plaster board) lands in my lane and explodes into a million pieces. I crapped myself. If it hit the roof or bonnet I would have been dead!

COVER THE DAMN LOADS PEOPLE!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 00:48   #7 (permalink)

Well i was lucky as it only cost me $270 bucks for a new radiator and the cost of removing and refitting it. I've helped lay this cost aside by pulling the engine out and upgrading some bits. But it is serious and the useless law inforcement should be more willing to do something about it rather than sit back shrug thier shoulders and take another call that they aren't going to do anything about. I bet they don't even think about uncovered/unsecured/overloaded load when they drive about.
I work for a flooring company and when a customer wants to load up something that obviously heavier than they realise i tell them that little pallet weighs 700kg's sir. To which the reply is usually a glance at the rear gard to see if the suspention has bottomed out or not followed by a she'll be right i'm only 20 minutes down the road. All you can do is let them in on the secret that his steering, front suspention and brakes aren't up to the challenge and in extreme circumstances tell him that he's loading up himself if he wants to take silly risks to save a second trip. I have to tell them more often than you may think. Sadly their are alot of 1 tonne utes that can't carry a tonne out there. Sadly thiers alot of people who load crap onto thier trays and when they reach thier destination and it's fallen off don't stop to think i wonder what damage that caused. My little drama happened at the same place on the Sunshine motorway where a mother had a head on collision after trying to swerve around somthing that a ute or truck dropped on the road. Again alot of people will have to pay with thier wallets and lives before our police system will do anything about it. As you can no doubt tell the police were as helpful as wet newpaper in helping me. I think the line i got was something like "it's just a traffic accident. It come under the road traffic legislation. Nothing we can do without a number plate, didn't you try and catch the person?" No sh!t Sherlock. Where were you when i need you you to book nancy the overweight woman for holding up traffic? I got the bucket can you at least finger print it? "umm no, it comes under the road traffic bla bla bla..."

phew...I feel better after that outburst. While i wasn't as honest as that with officer i'm not moving from this chair. Eventually enough people will die and some funds will go from speed detection research and into i dunno other police work! But until them stay clear of uncovered loads.

Cheers!
TKTDSGM Member
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16   #8 (permalink)

I was travelling home tonight and was following a guy with a trailer. He had a load that was sticking up over the top of the trailer. He had one single rope tying down the tarp. On top of that he had two spare wheels just sitting there, not tied down. As soon as i saw one of the tires bounce up, i remembered this thread. I immediately slowed down. I didn't need to be asked twice to stay away from that fool.
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:33   #9 (permalink)
gone

I believe some minor modifications are in order to compensate time spent out of action.

Sorry to hear the damage, happy to hear the mods
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:23   #10 (permalink)

Thanks Laminge and a new cam and roller rockers etc were just the trick! My ute is sleeping over at the mechanics as i write this to have the surgery. should have her back Friday.

I'm glad you backed off 89 F150. Theres been enough carnage recently. Problem is if the cops saw it they'd probably slow down to stay away as well instead of doing somthing about it. The damage an empty 20ltr of plaster mix did was bad enough let alone a tire. Some people are such idiots.
TKTDSGM Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum