Ford Forums banner

Just ordered!

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  RATT 
#1 ·
Hey fellas,

Just ordered the BA XR8 ute (black) manual.
What sort of waiting times have people been given lately?

#3 ·
Whatever the wait is, it's going to be too long because you'll see people driving theirs around. Human nature! he he

#5 ·
Fullthrottle,

What options to you get? The time taken for delivery can be affected by the options you order.
Did you end up getting a factory sports bar?

#7 ·
If you guys read another thread that I subscribed to you wouuld think I am the complainer from hell (under bonnet painted? thread)

I WENT TO THE DEALER ON THURSDAY, PICKED UP THE XR8 UTE THE FOLLOWING MONDAY (SHOWROOM STOCK...)

#9 ·
Re: Re: Just ordered!

Luke said:
If you guys read another thread that I subscribed to you wouuld think I am the complainer from hell (under bonnet painted? thread)

I WENT TO THE DEALER ON THURSDAY, PICKED UP THE XR8 UTE THE FOLLOWING MONDAY (SHOWROOM STOCK...)
Well that would probably explain your scratches, as every man and his dog would have probably climbed over it as it was the biggest and newest thing in the Ford showrooms. Must have been a VERY early build and probably rushed through to get it into the showroom. Wouldn't surprise me if somebody even forced the glovebox open and snapped it's retainer. I'm not trying to make excuses for Ford, there is no excuse for selling a lemon. What I am trying to do is rationalise so I can stop being scared and depressed.

#10 ·
fullthrottle said:
Hey fellas,

Just ordered the BA XR8 ute (black) manual.
What sort of waiting times have people been given lately?
fullthrottle,

Has your dealer issued you a SIDO number. This is the number used to identify your car throughout the scheduling and production process. You can expect delivery to take about 6-8 weeks from the time you have this number. You MUST hassle your dealer daily until you do get this number. XR8 utes seem to be very popular at the moment and even a citric acid one that was sitting at a local dealer for months was sold quite recently. All bodes well for resale.

All dealers I've spoken to talk of long waits and salespeople generally will tell you a shorter time than what it will take. One dealer told me in late April to expect August delivery. A couple of days later he revised this to eight weeks. I ordered on April 30 and the ute was finished late yesterday so eight weeks was pretty optimistic to say the least. Depends on dealer allocations but they do seem to be in limited supply as only 50 Boss engines are made a day and these are to go into GT's as well.

SO get that SIDO and hold on.

#14 ·
Re: Re: Just ordered!

fullthrottle said:
Hey I noticed you got a cabin tidy. Unfortunately they didnt have one on show for me. Is it practical? How big is it? Could you fit a pair of roller blades or a large bag inside?
I've got one which I fitted but never used. It stops me carrying my gun cases so I can do you a deal if you like.... :s6:

#16 ·
cabin tidy fairly practical but not that bigl i am glad i didnt pay full retial price for the cabin tidy i thought it was a bit expinsive for what u get...

#17 ·
If you're in Sydney just come over and try it out. If you don't like it don't take it.

It's called the AP try before you buy scheme!

#20 ·
Thanks Ratt. I've seen that in the brochures but it still doesnt give me a very good indication on its relative size. I mean.....it doesn't really show how big it is relative to the rear seat space.

I'm in melbourne :eek:( so syd is a little too far... although it is tempting to go for a long drive to run the car in after it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.