Ford Forums banner

Long wait for BA XR8 Ute (auto)

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Aussie Pete 
#1 ·
How long have any of you guys had to wait for XR8 (auto)? and do all XR's go through FPV or only the obvious GT's GTP's & Pursuit utes.

#8 ·
I ordered my XR8 ute in October last year with the 18" wheels and they had a hold up with the autos which everyone knew about. The delivery date was suppose to be early this month now they have had some drama with the Boss engines and it looks like being early next month. Meanwhile my AU2 XR8 ute seems to be losing value pretty quick so I hope it's not to much LONGER before the new one ARRIVES!!!

#14 ·
No SIDO yet.

Yeah, there's a long wait. I have had my order in for over 2 weeks and don't even have a SIDO yet!

At least my dealer is being honest and admits he doesn't have a clue. He maintains that the ball is in Ford's court and he won't even hazard a guess with delivery. Smart man, it would be all too easy for him to try and make up some stories....

....unless of course he knows the delivery is six months and is too sh@# scared to tell me.

Anyway I spoke to an FPV colleague a coupla weeks ago and he confirmed at that stage that FPV did a tiny amount of finishing on the XR8's as well as fit 18"s where ordered. FPV have also been doing the sunroofs. Although I would believe bossXR8 is right in saying things have changed, FPV's involvement was so neglible that it would have been easy to move it all to Ford.

#17 ·
People ordering cars and waiting, yet at a local dealer a brand new GT auto is sitting there waiting for an owner...... Strange how things work out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.