MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2003, 17:05   #1 (permalink)
FFing Festive

MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3

Well wake up to my second day of XR8 Ute ownership pretty stoked and feeling a bit more settled. Had some brekky and it was time to take dad for a test drive (me doing the driving of course!). He directed me to a good stretch of road to a neighbouring township and off we went. Gave it some good time to warm up and to admire the bulge in daylight. Finally we got to the 100 zone with nobody else around and a big straight stretch in front. Slowed down to about 20-30 and gave it heaps (but not flat to the floor). Breaks the 3500+ mark and just roars. The roar just builds and builds backed with the sound of distressed air being sucked and the growing tyre noise. All of a sudden we’ve hit 140 and time to back off as the road curves and another car comes into view. Bit of smoke out back tells me the beast is clearing out it new-born lungs. Again another stretch comes up and again that addictive bellowing as the speed builds. Not wanting to take it too far too soon I back off again shortly before we reach the township. Turn around for the way home and decide it’s time to try the SSS auto. Get back onto the main road in third, clear road ahead. Slot the shifter to the left, push it forward and down to second and a bit of engine braking. Let the machine free wheel, everything quiet. And foot goes down. Winds up real quick and high pitched it’s already 4500rpm, off the power and hear the growl taper off for a moment. Pull back on the shift and push the pedal again. This time the note is deeper, fuller and pure pleasure as the bulge sucks up the road again at speed. Totally over-awed I drop back to the limit for the sedate drive back home. Slowly does it, plenty of time yet for the machine and I to mature. Roll back in the drive and pop the bonnet and warm our hands over the radiant heat from the Boss. Now, as far as the American “big three” goes my dad has always been a Mopar-Man, just as I have, but he had to say “, never thought I could be so impressed with a new Ford…”. I have to agree that this is the year for Ford. They have a bodyshape, interior AND a range of engines that are impressive in anybodies books. Anybody that contests that aren’t being honest with themselves.

Took mum for a more sedate drive downtown, her comment; “love the controls, nice and simple, haven’t got a clue what half the things are for in the Camry yet.” Was also impressed with the seating and support. Had lunch in the main drag. Gotta admit I was paranoid in the angle park and carefully watched the woman climbing into the neighbouring SS who “bumped” the wing mirror with her butt (you can see the off-kilter mirror in the photo below). Again with lunch “, just juice for me thanks, I’m driving…”

Wet roads back to Melbourne so it was a play-it-safe but effortless cruise back to the big-smoke and back home to settle-in. Thinking about what the next day, Sunday, might bring……

CLICK HERE FOR THE MADMOBILE IN BENDIGO

Stay tuned for the next chapter of the Madmobile Chronicles. Same Mad time, same Mad channel.
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2003, 21:49   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3

Ah, love it Madder. Well done.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 00:46   #3 (permalink)

Enjoying the madmobile chronicles Madder, keep em coming
jon960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 02:18   #4 (permalink)
Movin!

Looking at that pic you could make one stylish u-turn on that wet road at leave time!
Old 08-27-2003, 03:09   #5 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
Looking at that pic you could make one stylish u-turn on that wet road at leave time!
No you wouldn't want to, the road in the middle is so bumpy and shit and there is tram track's there,it's not really a road more like shity paving block's,
Are you still in Bendigo Madder, I tour alot around town in my job and I've probably past you at some stage.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 14:19   #6 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Re: Re: Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
No you wouldn't want to, the road in the middle is so bumpy and shit and there is tram track's there,it's not really a road more like shity paving block's,
Are you still in Bendigo Madder, I tour alot around town in my job and I've probably past you at some stage.
No, was a bit of a fly-by-nighter, I'm afraid. Hope to spend more time next time, whenever that is. I'm sure I'll find an excuse for the long drive!
Old 08-27-2003, 15:22   #7 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: Re: Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
No you wouldn't want to, the road in the middle is so bumpy and shit and there is tram track's there........
Those people that have seen the FF Raid 2 video will understand that tram tracks are no problem for a V8 Falcon ute. My hat goes off to '250 Pursuit' aka 'BSR TramTracks Man'

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum