MadMobile Chronicles Episode 6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 15:33   #1 (permalink)
FFing Festive

MadMobile Chronicles Episode 6

A reasonably sedate weekend.

Saturday morning yielded another opportunity to hit the test track, just to hear that addictive roar up the hills. In the arvo finished the dog harnesses. Had to lift the male up on to the tray (40+ kilos of red doberman) as he wasnít sure what it was he was being lured into. The female jumped up straight away, but thatís because sheís more of an ďaussieĒ dog and knows that the uteís her rightful place. Checked that they were all secure before heading into the hills to their favourite park. As soon as I got some speed up the monsters knew it was a good thing and paws up on the side of the tray, heads in the air, ears flapping like mad in the wind. Stopped at the park for a run (not for too long, bloody cold). First thing they did was jump in the dam; bloody good thing, that plastic tray. No probs getting them in the back the second time, keen as mustard. Took the long route back past Mrs. Madderís work. Turned out her boss was doing some after hours work and was just leaving. Had to stop on the side road to give way to us. All he would have seen was a big, silver V8 ute roar past, headlights on, horn blaring, two waving occupants and a pair of big dogs in the back. Just about pissed myself laughing. He clearly had no idea who it was, but waved politely anyway. Canít wait to hear what he has to say when Mrs. Madder tells him.

On the way back home, saw a citric acid GT with stripes, very nice. Iím sure they sure me gesturing and pointing excitedly to Mrs. Madder. She had, of course, already seen it. As if you could miss it. !!Respect The Bulge!!

Sunday was in the city with a mate, very pleasant driving around town. Effortless power and a smooth auto gearbox made it so easy. Mate was very impressed with ride and interior and he gets in a lot of different cars. Likewise took one of the neighbours for a spin in the arvo, again the roads were wet. A bit more sideways action up the steepest hill. This guy has a recent Audi A4 and also has mates with a lot of nice cars. He was very pleased with the design, fit and finish of the ute. Above all he loved the way the Boss erases all hills and slopes. Told him weíll go again after 15,000kís or so and see what things are like then when the engine has loosened up (as well as the interior, haha).

Now sitting on almost 1200kís, 18hours driving and 15.5l/100k. Not a hassle yet. Oilís looking good, added a quarter litre just to top up. Gave the beast a good (but gentle) sponging over and about 20 buckets of water later (gotta love the bloody stupid water regulations) nice gleaming merc silver. Downside is itís a 2 for 1 deal, washing the ute means I have to wash the car as well. Price you pay to look after the pride and joy.

Until next timeÖ.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of the MadMobile Chronicles. Some Mad time, same Mad channel.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 6

Another good read Madder! My ute used about the same amount of oil with the same K's.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I had a great weekend too. Saw a black GT-P with silver stripes (drool - if only I could be bothered washing cars I'd get that combo for sure) and we exchanged waves and thumbs up.

The Pursuit looks great with the tandem trailer on the back. Only I think I need 18s for the trailer now so it matches - currently only have 16s off an AU3 Falcon SR.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 22:04   #4 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Re: Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
I had a great weekend too. Saw a black GT-P with silver stripes (drool - if only I could be bothered washing cars I'd get that combo for sure) and we exchanged waves and thumbs up.
Yeah, there's one down here at New Oak Ford. They've had it forever, don't now how many k's are on it. Stays in the showroom, just as well or somebody would be permanently busy keeping it clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
The Pursuit looks great with the tandem trailer on the back. Only I think I need 18s for the trailer now so it matches - currently only have 16s off an AU3 Falcon SR.
What are you talking about with 18"s, aren't you going 19"s? Can see you at your wheel shop already ", yep that one, two sets please!"
Old 09-01-2003, 22:05   #5 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Re: Re: MadMobile Chronicles Episode 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod c
Another good read Madder! My ute used about the same amount of oil with the same K's.
Well that's good to hear. Seems like it's running in nicely then.
Old 09-02-2003, 16:44   #6 (permalink)
If all else fails-GAS IT!

great read madder,

I have yet to get my rotties on the back, but we are planning a trip to the beach soon.

Do you have the m/cycle kit on the back to tie the dogs to? This was half the reason I got the kit.

The mercury silver is a fantastic colour, dosent show the dirt much and looks awesome in sunlight and at night.

Well at least myself, Aussie Pete and you would agree!

I have done 2500 k's now and still no problems, averaging 14.0 l/100 (5.4 3 valve), with an average speed overall of 60km.

Power is getting stronger all the time and I have just dropped in a k&n filter. I am currently experimenting with the exhaust from cats back. ( B4 you all scream Herrods at me, I can't afford it- yet) The XLS v8 ute is so quiet standard that you would swear it is a six.

So far we have removed the two standard mufflers and put a vortex cherry bomb in the middle and a round straight through muffler behind the axle with a chrome oval end cap.

result; still to quiet although you can now here it, so..

Cut off round second muffler altogether and tried a run home with just tail pipe cut off under tray just past the rear axle.

Result; much better but a little droney which I hope is because of the location of the outlet, she is in the shop now getting a piece of pipe bent and attached and the end cap re-attached. If this works then I will live with this set-up until I can get a herrods full system.

Just got the call shes ready, back in a minute...........

Oh Dear, it is now even more droney and when you wind her up over 3000 revs the note goes flat like a six.

Ok does anyone know how the single mild steel cats back herrods compares to the twin stainless steel system, I understand there is a difference in note. I have driven a ute with the single 3 inch and it sounded awesome. Anyone?

cheers
Red

"Life is good!"
bloodnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 15:31   #7 (permalink)
If all else fails-GAS IT!

As u can see from my new signature I got a herrods

Went for the 3in steel cats back for cost and sound reasons.

Had it fitted by the same exhaust shop who helped with my previous experiments.

These guys were beginning to wonder about me I think, because it sounded ok in there shop they couldnt understand why I kept changing it.

However as soon as we started her up with the herrods fitted a big smile appeared on everyones face in the shop - pure music!

I was talking to one of my salesman at the time on mobile, he is an HSV nut and has sold them for over 7 years b4 coming to my yard, and he said

"what the hell is that in the backround - sounds awesome"

I had to break the news it was a Ford gently - not!

No more droning, just smooth authoritive sound right through the rev range and it never gets offensive.

Job well done Rob.

cheers
Red

"Life is good!"
bloodnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 18:28   #8 (permalink)
X-DM!!

100 out of a 100 for trying differant ideas but in the end another happy Herrods customer. I have been looking around at differant systems for my ute and have heard there have been quite a few failures with differant types of exhaust set ups, from a worst sound to a dramatic loss in power. Both Herrods sytems, 3" and twin stainless seem to be the only ones that work.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:01   #9 (permalink)
P-Plater and lovin it ;)

I saw a PHANTOM GT-P in Launnie!!!!!!!!!
Only ever say 2 T-series in 4 years.
Now i seen 3 FPV's in 1 month

Go FORD you beaut

*Monaro is Back - Point and Laugh*
Tbearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:57   #10 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

hi madder you wrote you got 15.5l/100k, wow i think i would have to push my my ute for a few klms to get that consumption...best i get is 18.5/100k using 98 ron only..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum