my new/old stacked light ute! advise? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 08:33   #1 (permalink)

my new/old stacked light ute! advise?

hello again all seems im gonna get the xy/fairlane ute i told u about here in england but i have a easy question for some of u.........i need to collect it on a trailor so need some measurements can anyone tell me the width with ,,normal,, wheels on a xy ute also the total length (has a zd front) and the wheel base i dont want to drag a trailor 200 miles for nothing! the bloke who owns it is to busy to drag it out of garage/push it back in etc
cheers also did a search on ebay and found 1 similar but with round bac lights so do all front ends swap over and line up???
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 18:57   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: my new/old stacked light ute! advise?

yes the do all line up and can be swapped. only from similar models/years though. just go hire a car trailer but make sure it has a winch oh it incase the car doesnt start. any proper car trailer or tandem trailer will accomodate the ute.
good to see that your gonna buy it! your gonna love the roar and the power of the ute when shes runnin!
dont forget some pics when you get it back home!

Dimensions (sedan):
Length: 184.6 inches (4689mm)
Width: 73.6 inches (1869mm)
Height: 55.8 inches (1417mm)
Wheelbase: 111 inches (2819mm)
Front track: 58.9 inches (1496mm)
Rear track: 58.5 inches (1486mm)
Kerb weight: 3003lb (1362kg)
Turning circle: 36.6ft (11.2 m)
Fuel tank: 16.4 gallons (74.6 litres)
Boot space: 25.4 cubic feet (720 litres) Interior dimensions (sedan):
Front headroom: 38.7 inches (983mm)
Rear headroom: 37.6 inches (955mm)
Front shoulder room: 58 inches (1473mm)
Rear shoulder room: 58 inches (1473mm)
Front hip room: 59.5 inches (1511mm)
Rear hip room: 59.5 inches (1511mm)
Front legroom: 42.1 inches (1069mm)
Rear legroom: 37.8 inches (960mm)

its the sedan but the utes arent really any different in length or width. dont think the front end will matter either as most of the extra length on farilanes is the the rear.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:45   #3 (permalink)

cheers dav thats a great help and cheers to al who also emailed me .....yep gonna get the ute cant wait no doubt il b on here asking allsorts of things
2 things i would like to now know tho is what bolt pattern would it be and what else is same pattern?? as those wheels have got to go and what axle should it have?
another thing i would like to change some time is the c4 to a manual(if i can find 1) is this a good idea? i just like manuals and think they use less juice
if i get on with this truck (it starts on the button) i may well use lpg/lower it/replace missing trim/fit full length rear bumper/change steering wheel/change interior colour (its gold!) polly bush it?/respray it was thining either gloss black with satin black shelby stripes or other way round so theres another whole load of questions
all advise ideas help welcome
cheers brothers!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:41   #4 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

do you have the engine number by any chance? would be interesting to see if it was made for export or someone exported it privately...in which case it my well be something special?? do the numbers match with the chassis?
Old 05-12-2004, 06:44   #5 (permalink)

when i get it home dav il mail u the numbers and we can see whats what
probably be a week or 2 for various reasons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum