New AV Falcon Ute??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2002, 00:08   #1 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Question New AV Falcon Ute???

Everyone here lately has been talking about the new Falcon Sedan, but what about the ute???
I hope they do the upgrade, and not keep building the same body styles, al la XD,E,F,G,H. I know they are outselling Holden now, but if they do that, Holden will kill us in sales.
The idea of a AV XR8 5.4L Ute does funny things to me………

Has anyone heard about the new Ute???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2002, 00:11   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Yep.. should be released around the same time as Fairlane.. probably around Feb or so I think. Don't quote me though..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 00:17   #3 (permalink)

and it is being updated in-line with the sedan, ie. new front and interior
Old 04-30-2002, 01:26   #4 (permalink)
Dreamer

the arse end works with the XH, but the AU needed a full new rear look, sorta got it, but not fully.

needs re-styling in the AV, and i hope its much better than the AU. and ffs! please dont have a seperate tray to cabin, ie/ that stupid gap between cab and tray, looks tacky!

first thing to do, if i ever bought an AU ute, would be fill in the gap professionally..

i'd got an AV turbo ute (if one is made, if turbo is in the line up)

the thought of no traction in a ute to rev line in all gears does wonders for me :)
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:50   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by South
needs re-styling in the AV, and i hope its much better than the AU. and ffs! please dont have a seperate tray to cabin, ie/ that stupid gap between cab and tray, looks tacky!

first thing to do, if i ever bought an AU ute, would be fill in the gap professionally..
i think you'll find that one of the biggest draw cards for sales of the au ute is the fact that the style side tray is easy to remove and refit as a complete unit. hence the gap between it and the cab.

a tradesman can buy a style side ute and replace the back with an aluminium tray. then at resale time he can just bolt the as new styleside back on and reap the benefits.

i think it would be a big mistake for ford to move away from this design.

they look great IMO anyway.:s5
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:34   #6 (permalink)
rexd000

Pursute is right why do you think the utes are selling so well? Ultimately the ute is a commercial vehicle, and cab chassis are what the Tradesmen want, that plus the 1 tonne option and bench seat.

But I just like Utes and think the VU is much sleeker looking. I am neither Ford nor Holden man, just buy what I want. I first brought an AU in Aug 99, at that stage Holdens ute was very dated. The VU was supposedly six months away, turned out to be closer to 12 months. So the AU was the only choice.

The latest decision for new ute was XR8 vs SS. XR8 pro was Spacecab(useful for holding laptop, the only load it ever carries). The SS had the power edge, but no room behind the seats. Then Ford brought out the Pursuit 250. I was in heaven I could have the Spacecab and the power. And the gap does not detract from the look of it, just shows it's a real work ute. Built Ford tough to go hard.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:35   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
the arse end works with the XH, but the AU needed a full new rear look, sorta got it, but not fully.

WTF ! thats the best thing about the AU Ute, the fact it has a seperate cab, makes it so versatile, & it doesn't harm the looks. The XR utes piss all over the S/SS utes in the looks department, the Holdens aren't even on the same planet. They just look bloody stupid !
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:59   #8 (permalink)
XA Falcon Owner

Seen one driving around Geelong with the giant car bra front and rear so it is happening.
gzr351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:00   #9 (permalink)
Dreamer

each to their own
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 04:50   #10 (permalink)
Dual Exhaust Warrior™

Quote:
please dont have a seperate tray to cabin, ie/ that stupid gap between cab and tray, looks tacky!
That gap allows you to put whatever sort of tray u want out the back. It's called choice, I'd rather have a gap than be stuck with the one bodystyle of the commondore ute. I think its a great thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum