New SS Ute Ad - Sorry but I just saw it... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2002, 00:45   #1 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

Read New SS Ute Ad - Sorry but I just saw it...

I know I know, the holden topics should be kept to the ls1.com.au forums however, i believe it is important for this topic to be started because advertising is an important issue in the car industry...

well yeah i think holden really are trying to live in the past with the thunderstruck song still in the background.. for the rest of the add it seem really confusing -- it was about crop circles that had emerged and this guy w/ the VY ute altho looked to have no idea what happened as he was checking out the area, he really knew that it was him making the circles, not aliens.. it really is a fairly shit commerical because you only see the ute for about a total of 7 seconds..

would have to say that holden are very imaginative as they really must be getting worried if they are living in the past on their advertising.. the ute looks good but you really dont see it do anything at all..

i give my vote the BA ute ad by a long song, but thats just my 2 cents.. if anyone else saw it, could they please try and explain it better.. i saw it while watching backyard blitz by the way..
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2002, 00:54   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I loved the ad, I thought it was a good way of continuing on the thunderstruck theme whilst getting past the laws created after the outcry against the previous adds shown by the manufacturers
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:42   #3 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I don't know why you say the Holden ad is shit then in the same breath say you love the Ford commercial?

Both are continuations of an ad theme started in their previous respective commercials - Ford using the same actors and references to taking them for a run on the salt flats, Holden with the Thunderstruck theme and 'circle work' tornado.

While I admit the execution of the Holden ad is a little confusing the first time you see it, now that it's been on half a dozen times, I think it's a beauty!

Utes ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so do their ads....
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:04   #4 (permalink)
Forever Ford Follower

Yeah i think i need to see it again seeing my post was based on a ad seeing only once.. so i guess i'll wait until i see it again..
XLR8_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:08   #5 (permalink)

It was quite a good ad. Now wheres the GT doing a smokescreen in a FPV ad?
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 02:57   #6 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut King
I loved the ad, I thought it was a good way of continuing on the thunderstruck theme whilst getting past the laws created after the outcry against the previous adds shown by the manufacturers
I agree, I thought it was very clever. Kudos to the agency concerned.

The only negative (and this would be debatable) would be that I didn't really look at the car :)

Simon....
Old 10-27-2002, 03:02   #7 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

I like the SS -kid turning add:)it's really nice.
Saw a new SS today, was next to me. Looked really well.It will be a problem for HSV to compete with the new SS.

The only 3 BA XR6 I saw were driving the other side FAST:)I screamed when I saw them. But Ford needs to start getting those turbo going, holden having clear market for buyers this month.They wanted me to handover my car, then wait 1 month to get the XR6!!!No thanks, I'll wait till they arrive and I can see them with my own eyes first. I know I'll get a better deal then.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:24   #8 (permalink)
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy

Yeah the SS turning ad;
Holden tweak the steering in the commodore-and they sing a song about it! "Its like corners were made for it"
The falcon allways handled better and do we see ford crooning about it? NO!
Being tunnel visioned- i cant help but think (due to holden and the glorious originality of everything they do) they coppied the Ford ute ad! Bastards....
Old 10-27-2002, 13:18   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut King
I haven't seen the SS ute ad yet. How come Nissan are still allowed to show the ad where the 'new powerful 185kw Patrol' is dragging the old one backwards while it's doing a burnout?

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 14:26   #10 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Falchoon
I haven't seen the SS ute ad yet. How come Nissan are still allowed to show the ad where the 'new powerful 185kw Patrol' is dragging the old one backwards while it's doing a burnout?
4WDs are not performance cars, so they must be exampt from the advertising rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum