Ford Forums banner

Out with the Old.....In with the New-Finally

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  flavze 
#1 ·
It finally happened. My son took his AUII XR8 Ute to the dealership and parked it up.

About 1 hour later his new ride came in from the detailers.

Brand new BA XR8 Ute, black also, though this time it came with 5 on the floor instead of the old slush box. The Exhaust was modded prior to delivery.
2 3/4" Difillipo extractors and 2 1/2" twin system and cold air mods. He had the factory do something as well, though he might not want me to tell.
My calc's say it is over 300 FWKW. Got to drive it as soon as we got home. All i can say for now is "IT HAMMERS". And that exhaust note, just brilliant. The ute got a second Bulge if you know what i mean.
I can now fully understand the comments made by others who purchased a simular vehicle (with the bulge).

The poor bugger is going to need surgery to remove that smile of his dial.
Awhile ago it looked like there was going to be a hold up on the delivery, but as you can see by this post, all's well that ends well.
I think he waited around 11 weeks all up.

When he had the AUII, my EF XR8 was able to keep up with him, but now i know he'll do me like a dog's dinner. (Hurry up Mr Lotto, need more money).

Jon :angel:

See less See more
#3 ·
dragonV8 send your son on a holiday ....
without his ute off coarse...
very good to hear you are all happy....

#5 ·
Rodderz said:
Got the same feeling when i got my ute in Feb, i still find myself taking the long way just to get extra time behind the wheel. The exhaust and cold air mods also make that Boss note so brilliant
I reckon if i asked him to get me a six-pack, he'd do six trips X 1 can. Hehehe.
I still feel a bit that way in my EF XR8, which we bought new.

How's it go?? "Can't Get Enough Of This"!!!!!

#6 ·
Can ya say what the factory did to it?
I was considering sending a carton of beer to the engine building boys with an attached note asking for a nicely put together BOSS.
Ya reckon it's worth while?

#9 ·
c'mon Dragon_v8, spil the beans.....whats been done to it?
C'mon pweety pwease Mr Dragon man.....

#10 ·
Just got back from the mine-site. Sorry for the delay i replying.

Ok, firstly the nice people at the Ford plant made his engine to pursuit specs. Up to 290KW. Next it went for rego and the dealer sent it away for the complete exhaust change-over. Also some cold air mods. Now, by rights it is in the vicinity of 310-315KW. Drives like a dream, though a bit wet, hehehe.

Took it to the shop today. His fault for parking in front of my car. Just clocked 2000 K's. Sounds absolutely terrific. Beautifull cammy idle and the extractors with twin system create the 2nd bulge.

I'd like to say i'm not in the least a bit jealous, but that would be telling a lie.
There is no comparison between IT and my EF XR8. I guess at least if i want a drive all i have to do is ask or if he is in bed, just take it for a burn.
Prior to getting his AUII XR8 ute, he used to borrow my car all the time, so now it's my turn.

"Just can't get enough of this"

F ond
O f
R esonating
D ecibels

#12 ·
dragonV8 said:
Just got back from the mine-site. Sorry for the delay i replying.

Ok, firstly the nice people at the Ford plant made his engine to pursuit specs. Up to 290KW.
How or why would they do that? There is no option that I know of saying they will build a 260 Boss up to 290kw. If that is the case why would Ford be selling Pursuit utes?

#14 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
How'd you get Ford to do that,make a XR8 290kw.
No idea. Only know what my son told me. I believe, in business, using an ABN number only allows you to purchase utes upto XR8, as the Pursuit is considered luxury. (No Tax relief).

Like i stated in my previous post, not sure if i should say anything as i don't know anything except what i'm told. I guess a dyno run a bit later will give us an idea how she goes power wise, having to make allowances for the modded exhaust system.

#16 ·
My question is, what was the cold air mods? SS Cold Air Induction Kit or something else? Also, would that type of mod void your warranty?

Anyone seen DJR's 320kW beast?

ps, since this has been my first chance at posting a reply (owing to work being friggin k.nts with the net), i've been dying to let you all know how I got fleeced by my dealer and, after ordering on March 23, I was further pleasently suprised to take receivership on....wait for it.....August 18. The car I love, the dealer I share less feelings for.

While I'm at it....when lowering, the best advice would be 1" at both front back? And exhaust....twin 2.5" stainless system from cats back (aka the DT performance package?) Obviously i'm struggling for $$, otherwise there would be some nice extractors and hi flow cats etc etc etc.

check this out if you haven't already seen it....
http://www.dtperformance.com.au/baxr8.htm

Cheers,
Simmo.

#18 ·
Haven't had the mods done to mine yet, owing to a severe lack of funds. Got a quote for approx. $1,500. Spoke with another place, Perth Exhuast Centre to be precise, got a similar quote for only a single system. I'm really chasing a twin system, plus I've heard got reports about D&T and heard some of their work. Not bad, but was on a dual system similar to the stock exhaust you get from old man Ford. Could go carbon steel, word is it sounds worse. Could get the herrod gear, but can't be assed. Again, chasing a twin system.

Dealership was Titan Ford in Melville. initially told me would be a May delivery. THen June at the latest....which turned into July....then hold the
phone August came around and wallah! Actually got a number of quotes before I settled with them, but by the sounds of it I didn't do enough bargaining and I didn't know someone 'in the know' either....ie referring to that bloke who reckoned he got his straight from Ford minus the dealer comission etc for 35k. (can't remember who, but saw it on this site somewhere). I don't know how many of you blokes (chicks as well) ordered with a tonne of specs, but that was the sticking point I'm told. Particularly the stereo.

Luckily, i'm stoked with the car.

:)

#19 ·
5YP said:
My question is, what was the cold air mods? SS Cold Air Induction Kit or something else? Also, would that type of mod void your warranty?

Cheers,
Simmo.
Simmo, i'm not sure about the induction. As i work away a fair bit, i don't talk to him as often as i'd like and when i see him i forget to ask. When we picked the ute up, he looked under the bonnet and said "maybe they had not done it yet" as there were no stickers to indicate the change of filter to say the least. The tinting that was ordered had not been fitted either. Like everyone else that is awaiting delivery, he could not wait and said, Gimme, Gimme, I'll bring it back later.

The exhaust is a twin 2 1/2" system starting with DiFillipo Headers (1 3/4"), completely replacing the existing system. As it was organised through the dealer, i believe, and done prior to taking delivery, i'm sure the warranty is not an issue.

Unfortunately, my son has a busy social life with sports etc, so it is a case of him coming home and saying, Hello Dad, See Ya Dad. In and out like a flash.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the delivery of your vehicle. It looked like there was going to be a hold up with my son's, however it ended up ok.
My EF XR8 was instant. New on the showroom floor. Just had to wait for weeks to drive it as i flew out to my job the day prior to taking delivery, so my wife got to drive it well before me.

#20 ·
Usually with the warranty, the thing thats replaced eg. exhaust, air filter isn't covered by the Ford warranty but i guess it would be covered by the manufacturer warranty.
Unless the replaced part directly affected the part that failed it shouldn't cause any concerns for ya anyway.
Considering warranty work doesn't cost ya dealer anything but is paid for by Ford HQ they shouldn't worry to much about it, another reason to be nice to ya dealer when purchasing the vehicle initally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.