Ford Forums banner

Prices People are paying for XR utes

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  egor 
#1 ·
Hi All

Being a happy owner of a xls AU ute and potentially upgrading jobs soon I thought I would take a look at prices/delivery times etc for a XR ute.

Well this is what I found, 10-12 weeks delivery time, this was fine, had already heard that in here

that you can't get the tonnau cover tiedowns as a delete option (the AU has a ford option hard canopy and I would just move that across), this is disappointing to say the least

and the prices quoted were 44 for the 6T and 46 for the 8 before options for a manual. I was wondering if people in here who have purchased an xr ute could post the price paid (or ball park figures) and what options they have which may have raised the price.

Cheers

Jase

#2 ·
i was happy with deal i got Duhig Ford Essendon
XR8 auto, Phantom,color coded hard back tonnau cover,
pass air bag,leather,sports wheel,momo shift,xr mats&scuff plates,weathersheilds,headlight protecters,
cabin tidy,alarm,prestige sound,phone presenter,paint protection,tinted windows,interior protection.
$47,200 on the road.
absolute bargain $2500 cheaper than the 1st dealer i went to.
had to sign..
been wiating 3 months hope to get it by friday the 13th.

#4 ·
AUUTE .... regarding the 'cotton reels' for the tonneau tiedowns.

It is true that they are not a 'delete' option from the factory because the panel is pressed that way to begin with, however you have two options to remove them.

a. the cut them out and replace them with painted plugs available from every Dealership through Ford Parts. Cost, maybe $200.

b. to get them filled in with 'bodyfiller' and painted over at a Panel Beaters. Cost - could be anyone depending on where you go and the colour of your car. Maybe $1500 - 2000.

Most people obviously go for (a).

#7 ·
Organza said:
AUUTE .... regarding the 'cotton reels' for the tonneau tiedowns.

It is true that they are not a 'delete' option from the factory because the panel is pressed that way to begin with, however you have two options to remove them.

a. the cut them out and replace them with painted plugs available from every Dealership through Ford Parts. Cost, maybe $200.

b. to get them filled in with 'bodyfiller' and painted over at a Panel Beaters. Cost - could be anyone depending on where you go and the colour of your car. Maybe $1500 - 2000.

Most people obviously go for (a).

Most people drill out the pop rivets and buy the genuine plugs from ford spare parts for under $30

G
#8 ·
Hi everyone first post ,but been reading awhile.Thanks for all the info.
Paid $40200 on the road (manual).Paid full price for a few options on top of that price.Except blueprint colour.5 weeks for delivery as thay had one coming and still had time to order colour and options.Another dealer also quoted $40300 but couldn't guarantee to beat the price rise, if there was one for the ute?.This was in QUEENSLAND... GO THE MAROON...
Happy buying.
HAVE A NICE DAY....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.