Some advice buying XR6 Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2003, 01:40   #1 (permalink)
BluePrint Bandit

Thumbs up Some advice buying XR6 Ute

Hi all, hope everyone is well.

I am currently hashing out the trade in of my 2001 4x4 Hilux on a new XR6 Ute and wondered what options/accessories you guys/girls think are most beneficial and also what to watch out for?

I mean, i know i want the LSD fitted but what other goodies do you think are a must? I guess im just looking at what everyone has found that ford might throw in etc etc.

I want the sports bar but im debating whether one from Blueys would be better quality?

Anyway, if you have any words of advice to help me i would be very greatful as this will be my proudest and best vehicle to date I have never owned a ford but god damn it this purchase has me sweating, i love it, and as they say i "cant get enough of this"

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions, it will be appreciated.

Matt
r00na is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2003, 02:20   #2 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: Some advice buying XR6 Ute

hi r00na, you should think about getting a auto there are mant xr6 owners who complain about there manual gearboxes..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 02:34   #3 (permalink)
BluePrint Bandit

Sorry, i should of said that, i have already decided on the auto -test drove it and i thought it was fantastic. Thanks for your input mate :)

cheers,
Matt
Old 09-18-2003, 06:12   #4 (permalink)
X-DM!!

r00na, I think the Ford sports bar is a bit lighter than Blueys about 7kgs approx. Although on blueys website he does say he uses a thicker gauge tube so that would account for the weight. Mate with the xr utes there really is not many extras you need. With my xr8 ute I got the 18" wheels and lowered suspension but thats not everyones cup of tea. It is sort of a personal thing, extras. I am sure you will be happy with it regardless.

PS. The scuff plates are a nice touch though.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 15:23   #5 (permalink)
blue blooded

love my XRT ute in standard auto form .... fitted a Ford sports bar (IMO better than Blueys') with soft tonneau (for the dog) ....

only options on delivery was an alarm, mud spats and bonnet/headlight protection film ..... the rest is already there ...LSD is standard and the prem sound is not worth it ...

maybe I'd go for the leather seats now ... but the standard seats are ok ... and if they wear I can Rob Herrod's leather kit later ....

hope it helps .... they are a great sled

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
svtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 15:27   #6 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Hi r00na,

Welcome to The Forums.

Depending on whether you like passengers or not, a passenger airbag is an extra cost option at $495. Otherwise the rest is pretty good. See if you can convince your dealer to do the spare alloy. Ford won't supply them as a regular option anymore but you could get one for a good price while negotiating the sale. I got "prestige sound" but I don't use it at all except for when I'm parked somewhere or working on it, otherwise I prefer the engine music. The leather trim is great and love the smell, but that's just one of my kinks anyway.

By the way you've left out the most important thing...

what colour??????!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:47   #7 (permalink)
BluePrint Bandit

Thanks so much for the replies everyone, ive printed out the options from fords site and im having a good look keeping in mind what has been suggested.

This vehicle will be my work toy as well as play and i do agree they look the goods without too much extra. Im not sure on the sports bar, ill see how flexible the dealer is when haggling

The colour has come down to a choice between Blueprint and Phantom, i keep thinking Phantom but then i see that blue and it blows me away!

Spoke to dealer today and he said waiting time will be around 4 weeks (they are expecting a delivery around 13th october)

Cheers again for the advice and for the welcome, im enjoying this site more and more each day im here.

Matt
Old 09-20-2003, 06:36   #8 (permalink)
out of control

I heard the other day that the Blueprint colour is to be deleted for the list soon. not sure how soon that is though. it took them 4 months to lose the Narooma Blue colour after tehy told me its days were numbered.
LostBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:31   #9 (permalink)

I'd have 2 agree with Madder, go the passenger airbag for $495, cheap life insurance. I'm kicking myself i didn't get it now.

My only advice is to get every option you want and dont worry about the price, I was a bit tight when i ordered mine " Nah I wont NEED that" now i wish i could go back. You only live once.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:05   #10 (permalink)
BluePrint Bandit

Lostboy, any idea why they would delete the color? Im seriously considering the hot yellow colour too now.... decisions decisions lol

poodge, i like your style mate, i really do I will see how i go but this is hire purchase so i have to draw the line somewhere hehe

Thanks again,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum