Speaker Setup? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2004, 23:54   #1 (permalink)

Speaker Setup?

This thread possibly should be in the incar entertainment forum I guess but Utes are different kettle of fish when it comes to speakers.

I just replaced my CD player with a Pioneer MP3 and was playing with speakers and noticed the Pioneer 6" dual cones in doors are not working properly .When I faded them from the 4"spks in dash I had to turn volume up to 60 (max)to hear them.Does this mean they are shorting out somewhere??or maybe pos and neg wires are crossed?previous owner did a boggy wiring job and all wires have stripes.

Has anyone installed a similar system in their ute?? should I just use the 6"spks and disconnect the 4"dash??or maybe reverse them .(as you can see im no electronic geek )Any advice will be appreciated thanx guys .
XH,XR6_UTE,Jim Mock dev 3 cam ,K&N flat panel filter,17" Speedy Longchamps, Hurricane headers, 2 1/2 " exhaust , high flow cat, single muffler, Pollished alloy sportsbar,rear sway bar,side skirts , bonnet scoop,bonnet protector, headlight protectors, Pioneer mp3, 6" door/A pillar mounted pioneer splits , 4"dash mounted spks.
Member:NQ PERFORMANCE FORD CLUB.
XR6_uteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2004, 00:35   #2 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Re: Speaker Setup?

Depending on the amount you wish to spend, the easiest way to get decent improvement is to install some decent 6.5" 2 ways into the doors and ditch the 4" in the dash.

The 4" dash speakers will sound horrible no matter what you put in there, they are pointing in the wrong direction, and have no cavity behind them.

BTW, my XH ute also has 17" Speedy Longchamps.

Rick.
Soxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:04   #3 (permalink)

I just tried reversing spkr wiring and no sound.ATM 4" spks are working fine but 6" are not.I think im gunna find a huge mess if I pull any more loom out but ill probably fingd the answer also
XH,XR6_UTE,Jim Mock dev 3 cam ,K&N flat panel filter,17" Speedy Longchamps, Hurricane headers, 2 1/2 " exhaust , high flow cat, single muffler, Pollished alloy sportsbar,rear sway bar,side skirts , bonnet scoop,bonnet protector, headlight protectors, Pioneer mp3, 6" door/A pillar mounted pioneer splits , 4"dash mounted spks.
Old 05-23-2004, 17:15   #4 (permalink)
Bottle Feed Your Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_uteguy
I just tried reversing spkr wiring and no sound.ATM 4" spks are working fine but 6" are not.I think im gunna find a huge mess if I pull any more loom out but ill probably fingd the answer also
Dont lie Iceman You wired the first one up to didnt you???
Tighe custom grind camshaft, 75mm Throttle body, EGR Spacer, Head pocket work, 11.5 comp, SRP forged Flat tops, Autronic Computer, Pacemakers, twin Mandrel bent 2.5" Exhuast, custom mandrel bent 3" air intake, Tremac 3650, Lowered, 18"s Polished roll bar, intake Manifold, Shortend 4" alloy taillshaft, Leather, Momo wheel and gear nob, Autometer C2 5"shiftlight tacho, air fuel meter. 50-250hp NOS Kit, 4:11 Diff gears, 2 12" subs and sony amp,
NOS 347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 17:28   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

I kept my original head unit 6 stack had a Phoenix Gold amp connected to it with Phoenix Gold & Precision Power speakers and tweeters all done by DB fever in Brunswick. All buttons on steering wheel is the same everything has been retained...you might want a 2nd AMP if you want to run a sub...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 23:26   #6 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

How about running splits, and mount the tweeters on top of the dash at the base of the A pillars, with 6" speakers in the doors.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:16   #7 (permalink)

got two 12inch jl subs and 5 ch kicker 900 wat amp custum fited behind the seats 6in splits in the doors and dvd player in the dash
ute690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:22   #8 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute
How about running splits, and mount the tweeters on top of the dash at the base of the A pillars, with 6" speakers in the doors.
HI JOHN i did Precision Power speakers 6 1/2 inch with the tweeters in the top pillar were the standard ones were bit those pillars cover for the splits come on the premium or prestige package only..can be bought for about $20 each i think..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:11   #9 (permalink)

OK guys have the problem solved.(I f in doubt consult ya friendly Autobarn techhead).Pioneer headunits have this nifty feature called *F.I.E. which when selected cuts high and mid range frequencies from rear spks.only. Low range frequency is allowed thru in rear spks.(god only knows what benefit that is ) F.I.E. cannot be turned off using the remote (as I was trying to do ) I t can only be turned off from the head unit switch.(and here is me thinking I had an excuse to justify buying an amp)
Old 05-24-2004, 05:29   #10 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

I thought you did Mark by the "and tweeters" bit in your original post, I was suggesting it for XR6_uteguy.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum