Ford Forums banner

Strengthening the ute range

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JR 
#1 ·
Having read that a 1 tonne cab chassis Commodore ute will be on sale this year the advantage the Falcon ute has over the Commodore will be lost.
The Falcon ute has found a lot of homes with builders etc but does anyone know how many are sold to the rural sector?
I believe that the Falcon ute ( separate to the R7) should be quickely developed to have a 4wd option and also a diesel engine option.
The 4wd and diesel engine will go into a market dominated by the Landcruiser and Hilux range.
I'm sure that there has to be an efficient diesel engine that produces similar power to the current Inline petrol 6.
What do you think?

#2 ·
You are right to bring about this issue.. with Falcon's main advantage over the Commodore now gone, Falcon will be faced with the fact tradey's can look to buying the Commodore over the Falcon.

Second to that fact is.. regarding the 4wd/awd issue, Holden will soon have this in their ute range (will the awd be 1 tonne? cab chassis?) Ford need to respond to this issue.. and quickly.

But I do ask.. is the fact that Falcon had this advantage over the commodore the sole reason it sold more? It was the general feeling that it DID look better, and was the overall better choice between the Falcon and Commodore?

#3 ·
I don't care how many times Ford say they're not developing a 4WD Falcon, once R7/Raptor/E265 comes on line, it's only a very short step to get all that running gear in the Falcon range - utes, first to satisfy the workhorse/tradesman market, FPV cars for the marketing benifits of AWD.

Cheers
Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.