I ordered and finally received my ute accessories:
- cabin tidy
- sports bar
- rope rail kit
- motorbike kit
Well, let me say with all honesty after trying to fit these things I'm not happy
I started taking photos however before long I realised my tech thread showing people how to fit them would be a waste. Not much went right.
A key issue is this. Why does Ford put in a bed liner that requires removal every time you want to fit an accessory? Why not have the holes there already? Why make people drill holes through the sides of their new car?
Some major points:
1. No one ever told me the rope rail kit interferes with the sports bar (so you have to 'modify' one to make them fit)
2. Same with the motorbike kit which uses the same mount point as the rope rail kit
3. The motorbike kit came with bolts that were at least 20mm too short for the rear tie downs (M6 x 20mm - I eventually needed M6 x 40mm), and 10-15mm too short for the front (in order to achieve thread safety in the anchor nut. Two needless trips chasing bolts from hardware stores!
4. The sports bar requires fitment of a nut and two washers between the cab and the tray - a job for slinky asian children with small hands - even with the car jacked up. I ended up tack welding the nut in place.
5. The motorbike kit front mount was already rusting. Now of course I need to chase a warranty claim etc etc (more damn time chasing rubbish)
6. The motorbike kit makes you drill holes into the tailgate metal structure. Fine I guess except it's a cavity and all the swarf is trapped. I spent close to half an hour with a magnet trying to remove all the swarf. I wonder if a dealer fitting this kit would bother?
Sorry, overall these kits took an entire day to fit when if Ford had provisioned for them in the first place it could have taken 1 hour. And at next to zero cost!