Ute wiring for centre brake light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2004, 05:08   #1 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Ute wiring for centre brake light

I have read in the Ford brochures that the BA Utes come prewired for a centre brake light and a cargo light. Does anyone know where exactly these plugs are? I am getting a hard cover and I would like to utilise the existing wiring if possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2004, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Re: Ute wiring for centre brake light

I think you'll find its behind the cab somewhere up under the style side...
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:12   #3 (permalink)

If you don't find it, tap into the trailer plug wiring.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:11   #4 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

Look inside the RH rear wheel arch - in behind at the chassis and kinda forward of the rear wheel - you should see coming off the wiring loom where there is a section of cable with a 2-pin white 't-shaped' connector plug. It's kinda just on top of the chassis rail from memory and provides both connections you speak of. That's from memory on my AU3 anyway - should still be the same.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_T
Look inside the RH rear wheel arch - in behind at the chassis and kinda forward of the rear wheel - you should see coming off the wiring loom where there is a section of cable with a 2-pin white 't-shaped' connector plug. It's kinda just on top of the chassis rail from memory and provides both connections you speak of. That's from memory on my AU3 anyway - should still be the same.

Steve.
I have found the plug you speak of.
Are you certain this is the correct plug?
I couldn't find 12V on it anywhere.....
Old 10-02-2004, 03:10   #6 (permalink)

Did you try the find power between the plug (+ voltage side) and an earth? Just a thought.
XRDREAMING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 04:00   #7 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRDREAMING
Did you try the find power between the plug (+ voltage side) and an earth? Just a thought.
I did end up finding the brake light one this plug once I realised that the brake lights only work when the ignition is on.
Still can't locate the cargo area light power source.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a BA or AU ute that may show these two wires with wire colours etc?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 10:17   #8 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

Sorry mate, seems I was wrong - the two wires in the connector I told you were brake light (as you found - should be dark green with red stripe) and reverse light (should be red with black stripe).

I haven't found a seperate connector for work/cargo light yet, but I'll let you know if I do. However, I assume you just need 12v power for this as you'd have a switch installed with the light - in this case you can take 12v power from the trailer plug connector.

There is a trailer plug connector hidden up under the back of the ute - up under the rear bar kinda - behind the spare wheel - it's a grey multi-plug connector which if you have a towbar installed, your actual/external trailer plug connector just plugs into this connector, else it'll be unplugged. The pink wire (or it could be yellow with a black stripe - there should only be one or the other - I just can't tell where they join on this schematic :) on this connector is 12v - it seems to go back to a 30A fuse in the fusebox and is constantly live (direct from battery).

NB. This info is all from AUII workshop manual but I'm guessing it should still apply.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum