Van,Ute or Trailer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 01:11   #1 (permalink)

Question Van,Ute or Trailer

after your thoughts, ive been looking for a ute as a second car to replace my XF sedan as i want another car with a bull bar becuase i do a fair bit of driving in bad roo areas and dont want to hit a roo in my XR and to use for camping,carring kyiaks etc but most utes are either stuffed or too dear,

so i thought maybe a XD-XF van as i could sleep in the back but then id need a trailer to cart sand etc.

so the other option(and cheaper) is to built up a box trailer witha removeable lockable top and a rack for canoe so i can unbolt and lift the top off and use it too cart dirt or leave it on for camping and just tow it behind my currant XF?

any advice?
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2003, 02:20   #2 (permalink)
gone

Go the Pano

Already built and you can customise the interior too!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:13   #3 (permalink)
Proudly Average

i'd go the trailer personally, you can heap shit in to them, dent them, weld bars/racks/frames on them as you please and when you're sick of it... roll it behind the shed - whereas if you've got a ute/pano and you're putting stuff in and out and generally using it for work, it'll get dented up and scratched and dirty and smelly(no matter how careful you are)

i've got an old 6x8 box trailer, with a removeable frame/canvas cover/racks on it, compartments on the outside for jerry cans etc.

i've used it doing part time landscaping, moving stuff around the farm, carting bikes/hay bales/gravel/tools/furniture/plants/beer and it's sweet... all i need are a set of Ford mags and a new paintjob for it!

just my opinion...
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 22:51   #4 (permalink)

go the trailer then you dont lose 3 seats
Old 03-25-2003, 00:03   #5 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

How many people do you need to carry? If its only two go the pano
Old 03-25-2003, 00:16   #6 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

My XF wagon is for sale ......best of both worlds ........tarp on rear for sand carrying ...can fold down rear seat for big loads :).....has a bull bar .......has spotlights....... both for roo status up here ..... even has roof racks for your kayak .........& still has enough seats for all needed :)

It will as of tomorrow have 12 months rego too

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 16:49   #7 (permalink)

well thanks MN but im not a big fan of wagons and im in WA. not worried about losing seats as i have a EL sedan aswell usually just me and the girlfriend anyway.

girlfriend is not real keen on the pano idea but its growing on me!
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum