what is the best way to change BA XR6 foglight & how much? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2005, 01:18   #1 (permalink)
frosty

what is the best way to change BA XR6 foglight & how much?

Got home from work today and found that my drivers side foglight has had a rock put through it how much to replace and what is the easyest way and how much do they cost.
Is there a aftermarket item as they are just hella lights are do i have to buy it through ford and pay a bomb.
Also i have been told that the territory fog lamps are the same as the Ba XR6-8 and the protective cover wil fit also is this true?
Any help would be great.
gary mclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 04:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: what is the best way to change BA XR6 foglight & how much?

Yep, Ive got the territory foglight covers on my 8, so I presume the lights are the same deal. The covers wern't that pricey either.
HSV ETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 14:23   #3 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

The foglight covers are an XR option now, I bought mine when they were Territory only.
Old 01-23-2005, 14:01   #4 (permalink)
Weapon of HSV Destruction

The lights are a bit of a bastard to replace.

Just push on them inwards hard enough, and the plastic mounting cradle that holds the light will pop off the front bumper, its just a bayonet pressed on fitting, so it comes of pretty easy.

You should be able to put your arm in the lower mouth of the front bumper and reach the light once it is inside, disconnect it from the cradle and put your new one in. Now, the hard part, reach in and press the cradle and light into the back of the opening over the bayonet fitting, make sure the top and bottom of the cradle are popped on, or it will just fall out again.

The reason this is difficult is cause if your arms are not long enough to get in behind it and reach the light and cradle, you will have to put your car up on some ramps, get in under the front and unscrew the plastic undertray at the rear of the front bumper (about 12 small tech screws) and this will let you get access underneath the cradle and light so you can push it on.

I have had to put mine in and out a few times, first time was when i hit a bird and it popped the cradle in without braking the bulb, second time was when i was fitting the territory fog light covers (which dont clip on as easy as they say) and pushed too hard on it and popped the other foglight in, and now, after going to the trouble of fitting the covers, i hit another bird the other day, didnt break the cover, but must have smacked it so hard against the bulb that the metal clip mounting screw on the cover cracked the f*&%ing bulb!

Hope you have better luck than i have,
Cheers, Dan

288rwkw
Go You Good Thing!!
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum