Ford Forums banner

what the? not good BA XR8 ute

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LostBoy 
#1 ·
something weird just happened to my ute!

went to hungry jacks to grap a burger.. ordered and then drove the next window..
when i was clutchin in to stop the car, it jerked a few times and then stalled with a massive CLUNK jiggy jiggy CLUNK.. shi t

i paid the little hotty at the window and turned off the lights and started her up.. but she wouldnt fire
umm oooook

tried again and this time it turned over but was really really rough.. not good.. so i gave it a little rev and it sounded fricken TERRIBLE! was idiling the same as always.. about 600rpm

*****KKKK NOT GOOD..

it sounded like it was running on 5,6 or 7 cylinders!
it was not good..

off with the ignition and started it again, problem was gone, or so i thought!

went to drive off in 1st and while i was slowly letting out the clutch it was jerking again..

i nursed it her home, but on one of the roads comming home, i gassed it and was running like a pig!

whats the go?
gearbox didnt sound too good when i was changing gears..

has anyone else had this problem in their BA XR8 utes?

i have a RDO tomorrow, so first thing im taking her to the dealer.
can they wack in a computer to see if everything is running correctly or what?
will they rip out the gearbox to see if ive broken anything?

im stumped on what happend.

any info/help will be great

Thanks
Teza

See less See more
#3 ·
nah, mate, i filled it up last night at shell

drove home from chadstone today and never missed a beat, went like a charm, up until the drive through at hungry jacks..

and to top it off, i got home, and my burger was stone cold!!

grrrr

i just compared the note of the engine with my old mans XR8, its completly different
mine has a big rattle in it, sounds as if somethings loose inside somewhere.

Tez

#4 ·
One thing I learnt early Teza is never touch the go pedal before turning the key , otherwise they run like a pig with 3 legs .
Once turned off , then back on , they run fine.
As for your gearbox , dunno , but doesn't sound good mate. Hope you have luck getting it fixed tomorrow

#5 ·
Teza, the gearboxes are supposedly bullet-proof. My dealer challenged me to break the box... apparently they are over-engineered...can take a heap more torque than 500nm.

#6 ·
It doesn't like sauce on its Whopper mate. Next time get a 'grill' without sauce. Either that or it was shivering over the grease fix in the BK burgers....

#7 ·
Teza, i had a similar problem the other day... (looks around) i stalled it *blush* and after starting it was running VERY rough, oil light was on. turned it off waited a few seconds then started it and it was fine, but my mate took it for a run after and siad he had problems with it when he started it one time while he was gone... problem has disapeared, so i am putting it down to the systems going spastic when it was stalled. let me know what ya find out at the dealers?

#8 ·
well, have had the car looked at and all seems fine.

i had the 3000km service done on friday, they looked at it again and could not find anything.

also got ALL oil changed, engine, diff, ect.. AT A PRICE!
all the fu ckers do is look at the car for the first service!

not even a oil and fuel filter change, its crap!

anyway, done a driving course with a few more boys form FF and give the car a bit of stick throughout the day, it seems to run ALOT better now, it seems as if it has loosened up and seems a little faster!
its awesome!

catch ya

Tez

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.