is it worth the effort? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2004, 15:56   #1 (permalink)

is it worth the effort?

i got a xy or maybe xw ute (see other threads)its got a 351c and a c4 (both tricked up)
i really want it manual just cuz iv allways had manuals...if i can find the right bits is it really worth changing to manual? any more gain in mpg etc i was thinking using a toyota box and making it somehow fit a ford b housing anyone done this??
cheers
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 02:10   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: is it worth the effort?

Depends if you want to race ot or not. If you really want a manual then put a top loader, you'll find it easier to do the conversion and you can buy all the parts off any old falcon.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:15   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

so how is the beast coming along? hope all is well. did you get those numbers sorted out in the end?
problem is FORDY that carpunk is in the U.K so finding any old falcon could be a problem.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:18   #4 (permalink)
walking power

Oh dear.....................yes that could prove to be a problem.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:42   #5 (permalink)

Don't be crazy - in this day and age we shouldn't have to be pushing pedals and pulling levers to change gears. :-)

Seriously though, unless you are going to circuit race, the C4 will be fine - it has one HUGE advantage over a 4 speed conversion - it is already in the car and will cost you nothing...
ZC-Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 18:30   #6 (permalink)

If early Mustangs are around over there the toploader g/box , bellhousing , flywheel clutch & preasure plate will fit onto your engine
Floor hump 4 the shifter & clutch & brake pedals can b found in OZ
Order your xtractors , front end bits , and pedals at the same time & save some money on freight
Australia,s 1st V8 muscle car
BA PURSUIT Citric Acid ,leather,manual,premium,stripes
99 Harley Davidson Springer softail custom :badass
4 sale
Genuine 5 slots painted centers NEW chrome rims 14x6 &14x7 new potenza tyres & genuine caps
$3000.00
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:31   #7 (permalink)

[QUOTE=tuffzc]Don't be crazy - in this day and age we shouldn't have to be pushing pedals and pulling levers to change gears. :-)

Some people actually get a kick out of driving a car rather than sitting there in armchair comfort .
XH,XR6_UTE,Jim Mock dev 3 cam ,K&N flat panel filter,17" Speedy Longchamps, Hurricane headers, 2 1/2 " exhaust , high flow cat, single muffler, Pollished alloy sportsbar,rear sway bar,side skirts , bonnet scoop,bonnet protector, headlight protectors, Pioneer mp3, 6" door/A pillar mounted pioneer splits , 4"dash mounted spks.
Member:NQ PERFORMANCE FORD CLUB.
XR6_uteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:16   #8 (permalink)

thanx very much for all the advise m8s its just cuz i havent had an auto long enough to know and i feel (wrongly??) there just a bit girly if i had the choice i would have a manual just cuz what i know but if u go drag racing just about everyone is running autos. yes it is in ther allready so yer right that is a huge advantage as far as costs /work/effort go,s. i can get bits here but its a lot of chasing around gathering stuff either that or all at once at a rip off price
i was thinking of cutting up a bellhousing and modding it to fit the toyota but maybe i should just go with the c4 and see how it feels.annoyingly i allready got a 360 mopar with all the manual stuff even a bhousing for a supra! considered shoving it in but probly even more work + the 351c is sweet!
dav hiya m8 i havent done much to her buddy just had a good look around it bought some period chrome mirrors to replace the plastic 70,s looking pointy jobs. bought a set of scabby cragers and a set of real old torque thrust type wheels that are 1/2 steel 1/2 alloy (magnesium??) no joy at all with the numbers spoke with some clubs here but they arent very helpfull im gonna contact ford au.
carpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum