Ford Forums banner

XG ute headlight problem

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Gronk 
#1 ·
I have an XG ute and the headlights turn off, after working for a time. Because of the circuit breaker, this time is temperature dependent. In summer they turn off quicker than winter. I have standard headlights, I have replaced the circuit breaker, I have disconnected the headlights individually and together. The same thing happens. Is anyone familiar with this? Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Further to my headlight problem. All the light globes are Ford standard, there are no up-rated headlight globes. I have changed the relays, circuit breaker, H4 connectors to the headlight globes, changed the light-blinker switch on the steering column, changed the light switch on the dash. The last thing that is obviously the problem will be the wiring harness. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the 596 wankers that have read this and not offered a single word. I hope you all have the same problem with your cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.