Xr6 stock needs turbo! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2005, 23:06   #1 (permalink)

Xr6 stock needs turbo!

hey guys sry if this has been asked before but im new to the forums and this is my first post.
I've got a 04 xr6 ute, i wanna debadge it and put a xr8 bonet on it then turbo it, so far ive been down to herrods and got there xhuast system and a few under the bonet mods, the guy there told me they can supercharge it for around 10k but im more interested in getting it turbo'd.
a few questions i wanna ask is just like, is it easy to turbo a stock xr6 ute? has anyone done this before? are there companys in the sydney or melbourne area that can do this? (i live in both) how much appox cost? would i need engine mods or better clutch? any and all info wood be welcomed and thanks for ya time guys!!
Tills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2005, 00:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xr6 stock needs turbo!

I would also like an XR6t but I think I will just try to sell my '04 N/A ute and buy a turbo . It would be far more cost effective . You should be able to do a changeover for around $5k .
speedzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 00:47   #3 (permalink)
wanna GT

HI fellas i have seen complete BA turbo motors out of XR6s for sale on ebay for $7000 complete with wiring. Wouldnt be easier fot you to buy a complete unit and transplant. Dont know about your boxes and diffs though just an idea.
nAmTaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 00:52   #4 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Supercharge it. Every man and his dog has a turbo. They are common
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 14:25   #5 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

10K for a supercharger! It would have been cheaper to by the XR6 Turbo and you would have made more power!

If you don't want a 'turbo' like every man and his dog, then just pop the badge off and let the fun begin!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ute Forum