Ford Forums banner

XR8 ute

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Turbo6 
#1 ·
How come the BA XR8 ute has more wight than the sadan? Also has anyone driven the BA XR8 ute. Is there just wheel spin?

#2 ·
Where did you read that the Ute is heavier? And no I havn't driven the XR8 ute unfortunately.

#4 ·
I just saw an acid rush ute on the way back from picking up my girlfriend from work. My personal opinion is they have no trouble spinning the wheels!!! What a beast, its the first xr8 ute I have seen on the roads. :s6: :s6: :s6:

#5 ·
Its heavier due to the seperate rear chassis and probably gets better straight line traction than the sedan....

#6 ·
Hmmm

My theory's always been that Ford don't want the Ute (cheaper) to outperform the sedan. The sedan is the focus of the range.
I'm not saying they deliberatly make it heavy, but I don't think they try to make it any lighter either... ;)

Just the thought that always comes to my head.

#9 ·
I thought sedan was around 1800kg and ute was something like 1785kg. Anyone have the correct numbers?

#11 ·
XR8 Ute is also 1800kg
By the way, in the past how have XR8 utes compared in insurance to XR8 sedans. I am tossing up between XR8 ute and Turbo sedan and was just wondering which would be cheaper to insure.

#12 ·
redwards said:
I dont think the utes are quicker than the sadans because the 250 Pursuit Ute did in the motor mag 0-100 in like 6.68 sec
0-400m in like 14.70sec
They said above 2000rpm is just wheel spin.
At Calder during the FF raid a TS50 ran 14.0, and a Pursuit 250 Ute ran 14.1. Both Autos.

#15 ·
I doubt whether Ford are concerned with trying to make the ute heavier than the sedan. They're more concerned with trying to make a more marketable ute against the Holden product than competing with their own product.

#16 ·
laminge said:
Yep 13.9 on the TS and the ute had the hard top and wing so a bit more extra weight there
Hardtop and wing are standard on BA Pursuit. Also, your TS had an aftermarket exhaust while Brutus was stock.

Having said that YOU were in the TS. Let's say they're the same! :priest: :wnc:

#17 ·
Ford_falcon_ba said:
am i correct in thinking the Pursuit ute will be the most powerful ute on production?
In Australia...... I think SVT Lightning is the top dog overall.

#19 ·
laminge said:
was It Pete, Standard that is? I am sure Pursuit 250 said he had to pay for it and that I have another friend who also purchased the Ute without hardtop!

And yes agree on Body weight
Damn dyslexic moderators.......
Originally posted by AP
Hardtop and wing are standard on BA Pursuit
:bump: :fingers: :drevil:

#21 ·
laminge said:
Damm people who go in an edit their post to cover up after even though we are not talking about the BA but rather the AU
Now listen here Poindexter! I didn't edit. And besides, this thread started as a discussion on weights of XR8 ute vs sedan, presumably BA :beerbottl :beer:

:priest: :priest: :priest:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.